Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I got my first ever motorcycle after riding dirtbikes for a couples years. Took it for a little spin up and down my road today and got back to notice this crack which wasn’t there yesterday. Someone tell me what exactly am I looking at..

The last dirtbike I had took me a year to fix and was just endless with parts, got this with a fresh inspection sticker and new tires and it was in decent shape with a couple scuff from a drop. This I just don’t know tho, is it safe to ride with? Easy fix? Bike wroteoff? Someone give me some good news. It’s an 09 CBR600RR.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Good news is that it's just minor crack. Probably caused by some mount bolts being loose.

Take it off, bend back and seal with some aquarium-grade silicone and it should be fine.
Re-assemble and torque all bolts to factory specs, especially lower ones.

Reactions: SadCBR

·
Registered
748 Posts
Good news. You can ignore it. Seal it so the crack doesn't 'travel.'

It's the ram air tube. A crack in it won't affect anything mechanical. Though it does hold the mirror/cluster bracket on so you may want to replace at some point if it gets worse.

I just bought one a month or so ago. Honda part # 17300-MFJ-A00. I paid $150. Chinese knock-offs are less than $50. Swaps out in about an hour. Maybe twice that if you've never done it before.

This along with the cluster/mirror bracket always break when you bump into something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a ton guys! My heart dropped as soon as I got home, good to know it’s not a huge deal! Likely replace it when I order some frame sliders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts