Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning I was going to ride and when I rolled my bike out of the driveway there is something knocking against the right side of the tank from the inside. I took a flashlight and looked down in there and on the right side there is a black piece floating there attached to two wires that go down towards the center and this piece is tapping the tank when slightly moving the bike. This has not happened since i got the bike almost 2 months ago, and my fuel gauge is very inaccurate maybe this could have something to do with that? I don't really want to ride it again until i figure out what it is and why its knocking against the tank.

Here is a video

·
Registered
137 Posts
The only thing in your tank with wires attached is the fuel pump. The fuel level sensor is attached to that. So sounds like the sensor has come away from the fuel pump.

If you are fairly proficient with the tools then it's easy enough to remove the fuel pump, although it does take a bit of jiggling. Then it may be obvious how it attaches to the fuel pump and be an easy fix.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only thing in your tank with wires attached is the fuel pump. The fuel level sensor is attached to that. So sounds like the sensor has come away from the fuel pump.

If you are fairly proficient with the tools then it's easy enough to remove the fuel pump, although it does take a bit of jiggling. Then it may be obvious how it attaches to the fuel pump and be an easy fix.

do you think the bike is unsafe to ride now? I dont think anything messed up, somethings just loose. what could happen if i try to ride it?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,728 Posts
Nothing will happen

But you've made like 4 posts about this bike in a short time and you've done very little yourself to figure it out.

Maybe take it to someone.

·
Registered
48 Posts
As mentioned, it might be time to bite the bullet and take it to a trusted mechanic. On the bright side, at least you know why your fuel indicator is not working properly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts