Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the bike was running perfect until a few days ago. When I dropped it. :(

It fell on its right side.

Ever since then, sometimes when im riding, and I try and shift down, or up, my gear shifter just vibrates violently and it does not let me shift.

The only way I can is if I slow all the way down, and stop, then it will let me shift again.

Does anyone know whats wrong?

It feels like im riding in fear because I never know when it will happen and when it wont. So I always pray it doesnt every time I shift. It seems like its happening more and more every time I ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was also thinking that, but im on a really tight budget with money so i was wondering if it may be a quick diy fix

any other ideas?

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
if it fell on its right side, brake & generator side it must have been a pretty hard fall to fux up your trans... plus you have another thread about cracked parts... by fell you mean crash???

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
honstly, it might not be that serious. It might just be a loose shifter which isn't catching when you try to shift at high RPM's.

What would you rather spend the money on, a few hundred for new parts, or thousands on new skin?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had a similar problem but what happened was my clutch went out. I would shift into gears and it would grind right back out. a good way to tell if your clutch is gone is put the bike in first gear and try to roll it. it might not be the answer but it could help!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
mine has only done that a couple times. once when I wound out first it just wouldn't shift just clicked real loud. then other went to shift went to neutral and as I went to put it back in gear it wouldn't until I stopped not sure why it does that but anyother time never had a problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mine has only done that a couple times. once when I wound out first it just wouldn't shift just clicked real loud. then other went to shift went to neutral and as I went to put it back in gear it wouldn't until I stopped not sure why it does that but anyother time never had a problem.
thats exactly how my problem started!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Improper shifting at higher RPM can round of the engagement dogs and shift forks or possibly bend the shift forks.

Once worn or bent, then need to be replaced as they will not move the gears enough to catch and will do as you described. You are getting false neutrals.

The harder you press on the shift lever, the worse it makes the problem.

Try this, at a slow speed run your bike up to 5k rpm in first, the release the throttle, grab the clutch and shift the bike. Release clutch and see if it catches 2nd gear smoothly. If it doesn't after a few tries you have a problem. If it works try going up to 9k rpm and repeating.

Do this through all the gears, preferably on a back road somewhere out of the way so you do not have to try and stop/start for light or traffic.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Improper shifting at higher RPM can round of the engagement dogs and shift forks or possibly bend the shift forks.

Once worn or bent, then need to be replaced as they will not move the gears enough to catch and will do as you described. You are getting false neutrals.

The hard you r press on the shift lever, the worse it makes the problem.

Try this, at a slow speed run your bike up to 5k rpm in first, the release the throttle, grab the clutch and shift the bike. Release clutch and see if it catches 2nd gear smoothly. If it doesn't after a few tries you have a problem. If it works try going up to 9k rpm and repeating.

Do this through all the gears, preferably on a back road somewhere out of the way so you do not have to try and stop/start for light or traffic.

you're scaring me, is this a very precarious operation?

·
Registered
46 Posts
you're scaring me, is this a very precarious operation?

What I am talking about is stomping on the gear leaver trying to force it into gear if its not at first smoothly snicking into place. If there is a problem in the transmission, stomping harder on the gear lever wont help, it will just exacerbate the problem.

Make sense?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts