Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding on the 405 freeway on my way to work today and the new electronic reader board on the side read "Be nice share the road, look two times for motorcyclists".

Just thought that was pretty cool. Anyone else experience or see random acts of kindness towards motorcyclists by your local government?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yes!

In Alberta they have ads on the radio every spring that tell you to be aware of motorcycles/scooters.

"It's spring, and the motorcycles are back." Is how they all end. (Or something to that effect).

·
Registered
352 Posts
ya i have seen that a lot lately.

·
Registered
81 Posts
thruout MD during riding season you'll see them on the hwy electronic signs. Its a good reminder in my opinion. No harm, no fowl.

·
Registered
625 Posts
wow that is cool never seen one about it here in TX but i havent had a real riding season with a bike yet so maybe just never noticed?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I saw the same thing here. The signs that used to say 'buckle up for safety' or something of that nature and now they say to look twice for motorcycles. it was nice to see

·
Registered
704 Posts
I saw that sign throughout southern cali. It was nice of them to put that there.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
NSW Roads have been using the Road signs to say "Check blindspots for Motorcycles" They even have a sticker you can put on your car to show your awareness. I'm not sure how many actually are aware but they are trying to get the message out, so that's a bonus. I'll post a photo if I can find one.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I live in Calgary, Alberta and have never heard those announcements. In a way, kind of sounds like an insult though,"It's spring, so those damn motorcyclists are back FML" haha

A

·
0 Posts
just about every person in NC has a yellow sign in their yard that says look twice save a life, and a motorcycle guy on it...

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've seen that same thing on the message board here in San Antonio.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
just about every person in NC has a yellow sign in their yard that says look twice save a life, and a motorcycle guy on it...
i see that a lot as well i also see "may is motorcycle awareness month, look twice save a life"
it is nice to see though

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah!

My brother said he was on the freeway up here in the east bay of CA and saw a electronic board that read the same thing, "Be nice, share the road, look twice for motorcycles."

I got all warm and fuzzy inside when I heard that :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yea Ive seen it now for the past week on the 405/55 freeways. I love to see that! Ive been caging it for a long time now since my acciedent its about time they post that up! :bigclap:

I think they should never take it down!!!!
:+1::+1:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts