Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well crap, I've been looking for a 600rr for quite some time now and was held up because I had to sell my car first. There was a dealership a few hours away from me that had 2 leftover '03's for $6999; a black and a yellow. It turns out that I'll be selling my car monday or tuesday but I called the dealership up just now and they only have the yellow one! :evil: Seeing as yellow is the slower of the bunch I'm gonna have to pass on that one, but they do have many '04's priced at $7599. The problem is that I didn't want to spend more than 7k on the bike, do you think that it'd be possible for me to snag an '04 from this place for 7k? I'd be walking in and paying cash for it.... :headscratch:

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I don't know man, I was all about the yellow till I saw the blue. :bounce:

Jason

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know its a good price but I really don't want the yellow one. :thumbdown: I'm so pissed they sold the black one, they both sat there for like 2-3months and now that I've got the money its gone. :bitchslap:

How many other fees am I looking at here, they had the '03's on eBay and were saying that there were no "hidden" costs.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Seriously, you can trade out the plastics. And then you have whatever color bike you want. Color shouldn't be an issue, just pick it up for the price, then sell the plastics and get new ones, or trade plastics with another RR owner. Tons of people sell their perfectly good OEM plastics to get race plastics. I'm sure you won't have a problem finding the color you want.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you happen to know someone who would want to trade plastics with me, cause I wouldn't have the slightest clue where to start. :cry:

I'm just really hoping that they would consider taking less for a black '04. So you don't think 7k or 7.5k OTD would happen??

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
dude buy the yellow and trade someone plastics. that is a good deal.

·
Registered
233 Posts
actually thinkin about it.. u cant blame him for not wantin the yellow. cuz it could be his hard earn money and hes payin cash. so he gotta get wat he wants. Jus shop around bro.. any04 under 8k otd is a deal.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Buy the yellow one...take off all your plastics and throw them up on e-bay and sell them...then find another set of plastics on e-bay or just order them through Bell's Honda...buy the yellow, it'll grow on you, trust me...ours grew on me

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BlacK_600RR said:
actually thinkin about it.. u cant blame him for not wantin the yellow. cuz it could be his hard earn money and hes payin cash. so he gotta get wat he wants. Jus shop around bro.. any04 under 8k otd is a deal.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Plus I've still got to pick up all my leathers and crap and by some sort of truck or SUV for my main mode of transportation.

Heres a pic of my camaro which will hopefully be sold monday-tuesday:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man, I can definitely understand what you guys are saying but I just don't want to have to f*ck with it. But back to my original Q, being that the 04's are priced at $7599 do you think I could pull 7.5k OTD or bettter with all cash??

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
you're only paying $600 more. Just get the 04. Tax, License, etc aren't 'hidden costs' and you'd be foolish to think you were going home for $6999 unless they advertised it as OUT THE DOOR (that's different than saying 'no hidden costs').

1 - 20 of 44 Posts