Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my bike back in May of this year and I just can't seem to ride without my wrists killing me after a while, especially the left one. Any advice for me?

·
Registered
282 Posts
learn to grip the tank with your legs. hold your body weight more with your abs than relying on your arms.

i've learned to do this and it really helps. though if you're riding long distances in straight lines it can still get to you.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
use the heel guards as well. press your heels into them. this will help you support your wieght.

learn to ride without leaning on the clip-ons. this affects handling as well. its best to develope the back and ab muscles needed to ride this way. make it a habit.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Also, another big thing is that you should move the levers around on the bars untill they suit you. A lot of ppl leave them in the same position that they came out of the factory with, and this is a major cause of wrist pain. Sit on the bike with the bolts loose and get someone to help you position them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i have the same problem...... but basically there should be no weight at your hands...... it should be so light and freeplay kinda feeling....... only touching the handlebar as if feeling it....... but not resting on it.....
when i first got it....... i sat very upright...... whole arms were straight....... and full weight on the hands and handlebar, but then later, i learn the right seating position..... weight on footpegs, legs grip sideways on the tank NOT resting downwards as it will cause pain, bend your body forward..... if ur tall like me...... to bend properly, u gotta move back in the seats

basically put the sidestand on....... get on your bike, sit on it....... put ur hands behind ur body.... sit

in this position, it should be the right concept...... the weight distribution is correct....... and no or few weight on the handlebars....... ur hands are just to control, not to rest the weight on

hope that helps

ps. i know it's hard to do this at low speeds, especially in traffic or stop and go of 10km/h to 20km/h even 5 mins, and it's killing me...... but at faster speeds, the weight on the palms will be lighter.

·
Registered
396 Posts
yeah i was having the same problem with my wrists and i started to use my legs to grip the tank and put less weight on my wrists. it's helped alot but i still sometimes start to resort back to putting weight on wrists, just gotta practice more.

also does anyone's hands get numb from the handle bars. sometimes when i am riding for a while my hand will get numb and kinda fall asleep. i have the stock bar ends on the bike and i thought it's suppose to to dampen the vibrations enough to prevent this.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just like everyone else pretty much said. Just tighten up the rest of your body onto the bike (ex. knees and heals) and loosen up on your arms a bit. I've been riding since last June and this was a problem for me for a while. I have since learned to grip the bike better so you'll be fine. Hope this helps man... later

·
Registered
147 Posts
+1 I used to have the same problem as well...Just reiterating what has already been said. Grip the tank with your legs and put the weight on the ball of your feet. Bend your elbows and dont put weight on the clip ons. They are only there for control. Once you get this down you will also realize how much more control you have over the bike in turns at higher speeds.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
McShagger said:
Oh common, this guy is asking for it... this is killing me!
ok, ok.

stop jerking off while you ride!

·
Registered
68 Posts
don't squeeze too tight with your hands...rule of thumb--> you should be able to tap your fingers on the under side of the grips. i'm not saying your weak, but doing some push ups and building up your upper body helps too! sport bikes aren't supposed to be comfortable :p

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
HAHAHA "Oh common, this guy is asking for it... this is killing me!"

i was thinking the same thing

"stop jerking off while you ride"

i was thinking more jerking off while off the bike, like exercise but with happy ending!

·
Registered
442 Posts
I would disagree with tensing up your lower body.

I would say just relax in general.
Are you a new rider? After a bunch of miles you will let go of the
feeling that you need to grab hard on to the bike to be riding it.
Relaxing, especially your arms and elbows and getting your
weight mostly on your balls of your feet, stomach on the tank back
this will allow you feel the bike better, have better weight distribution,
and also allow blood to flow you hands !

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
mr meagi says sand the floor, paint the fence, and wax the car...and if that doesn't work :jerkit:

yea thats exactly what i thought when i read the title haha...too easy

jordanf600 said:
HAHAHA "Oh common, this guy is asking for it... this is killing me!"

i was thinking the same thing

"stop jerking off while you ride"

i was thinking more jerking off while off the bike, like exercise but with happy ending!

·
Registered
38 Posts
This was already said..kinda, but bend your elbows, and tuck them in towards the tank. You'll lean forward more, but you can line your wrist more straignt with (or perpendicular to) the clip on, instead of having your arm straight, and your wrist ben't outwards. + everything everyone else said about taking your weight off your wrists. A good test is to be able to shake your arms loosly around (like you slept on your arms last night) while still holding the bars. You'll know there is no weight on your arms if you can shake them loosly. I have been practicing this for a while, and I always have to think about it, every time I ride, Its not something that comes naturally, and your inner thigh and lower back will hurt from the effort.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts