Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just figured out after like 15 minutes of staring at it what I think is the right way to hang my helmet from the cowl. I put the wire through the loop on the helmet and put the 2 wire loops over the small plastic tooth on the seat and close it. Is that the right way? I took off my seat last night and the helmet fell to the ground scratching it!

·
Registered
907 Posts
hahaha. He thought you were trying to squiddly diddly it up while riding

·
Registered
284 Posts
Almost. Place the two wire loops around the left side seat "slot" (the vertical slot that accepts the tab on the seat/cowl; you'll notice is has a lip on it that the right side slot does not have) and then put the seat/cowl in place. Got it?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
There is more than one rear brake?! I guess I didnt get that mod from the factory.lol

·
Registered
907 Posts
remember on your bicycle when you just put your foot in between the tire and frame for rear brakes. That's what i do..it's tricky but it's SO cool. Sometimes it even sucks my shoe off and flings it at the car behind me.

·
Registered
184 Posts
This is how I use it. Gives more room for helmet placement. I can rest the helmet right side up on the seat like this.

·
Registered
475 Posts
This is how i do it.

Looks like the idea that someone else posted of looping the wire over the other would be good, gives more room for the cowl to close.

·
Registered
787 Posts
is it possible to loop the wire through the face mask instead of the D-ring ? it's probably harder to cut the helmet's face mask than to cut the chin strap

·
Registered
475 Posts
teg said:
is it possible to loop the wire through the face mask instead of the D-ring ? it's probably harder to cut the helmet's face mask than to cut the chin strap
not possible, atleast not for my shoei rf-1000n w/ the helmet holder wire that came with my bike.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
throw that thing in the bin, carry your helmet coz some as$ will steal it with nothing more than a pair of side cutters, there are far to many of those poeple out there.

·
Registered
912 Posts
i took some vice-grips and bent that little metal bar up just a little. just enough so that the helmet hook can fit over it. it fits a lot tighter without the cable....for whenever i am going to pick up the girl with the lid. i prefer it to the cargo net ont he back seat.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts