Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello hello!:ciao: I have a question, doing around maybe 20-50 mph I can hear kind of an odd sound from my front wheel. I don't know how to describe it exactly, maybe kind of a whine? Pronounced at above 4k or so I believe. Any ideas on what that might be or does anyone else notice a sound like that on their bike? I looked at the pads and I don't think they're rubbing against the rotor or anything like that. I was trying to think of what other moving parts are up there and couldn't come up with much more.. any help?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
yea when they go it gets like a wine to it. Its def. noticable and the wheel will not turn the easiest when in the air. Would have a drag in it all the way around

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea when they go it gets like a wine to it. Its def. noticable and the wheel will not turn the easiest when in the air. Would have a drag in it all the way around
You mean with the front on a stand or something it would be hard to turn?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
nope because ive never had that issue yet on this one. What year and miles on your bike. ever been laid down? doing wheelie's alot?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope because ive never had that issue yet on this one. What year and miles on your bike. ever been laid down? doing wheelie's alot?
No that's the other weird thing. It's an 04 with 8k miles, was almost completely stock when I got it except for a couple cosmetic things, the guy I bought from barely rode it and was the 2nd owner. It was in good shape so definitely don't think it was ridden hard or anything like that. I've had bikes with a lot more miles than that with no bearing issues, a couple of which I know had never been replaced.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
You said its more pronounced at about 4k rpms, it my not be your wheel because your engine speed should have no affect on a noise your tire is making, are you sure it's not a noise from your engine that is just bouncing around by your radiator and that area to just make it sound like its your tire??

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You said its more pronounced at about 4k rpms, it my not be your wheel because your engine speed should have no affect on a noise your tire is making, are you sure it's not a noise from your engine that is just bouncing around by your radiator and that area to just make it sound like its your tire??
Hmm, I'm not sure I heard it for the first time yesterday, usually I ride with music. I may be wrong about the rpms. I'll have to take it out again to make sure. Definitely did not sound like an engine noise or like it was coming from the engine though

·
Registered
171 Posts
Do the floating rotors make any sound? I have a not so much whining noise but something from the front end, chalked it up to normal. bearings are tight and spin freeely.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Clean your calliper pistons before you replace the bearings... if they are putting a little extra pressure on the disc they can set up an oscillation and cause the brake disc to whine.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
is there change in the noise when you use the front brake? my front pads whine extremely loudly when i use the front brake. it doesnt bother me though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts