Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do I hear sound of friction from the front wheel. It sounds like the brake. Even when I'm in second gear and I'm not breaking, I can still hear it. Is that normal?

·
Registered
881 Posts
not to keep beating the dead horse, but yeah, it's normal. it's a valid question (for a squid........j/k man). our bikes makes all kinds of noises, ticking, rubbing...etc. all normal. your brakes make that because they're floating calipers holding the pads. cars do that too.

·
Registered
870 Posts
booRR said:
not to keep beating the dead horse, but yeah, it's normal. it's a valid question (for a squid........j/k man). our bikes makes all kinds of noises, ticking, rubbing...etc. all normal. your brakes make that because they're floating calipers holding the pads. cars do that too.

Haha, that dude called you a squid.

·
Registered
881 Posts
LOL 919

but that's good for him though, as he's trying to find out, instead of doing something stupid like spray WD40 to get rid of the noise.....just put KY Jelly on it and you're good to go....NO SERIOUSLY, DON'T, I'M ONLY KIDDING

If you ever wonder, even if you may think it's a stupid question, just ask, it never hurts....BUT DO A SEARCH FIRST

·
Registered
881 Posts
I forgot to point out, if you notice deeper grooves on your disc, then it's not normal. check the pads, make sure nothing is stuck in there, maybe even replace the pads. If the grooving is really bad, it's a good excuse to upgrade the disc!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts