Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Im sorry but I gotta say NOT to HB Honda. They tried to shamalama me on price every one of the 3 times I've been there. On the upside, they have a very nice new shop and generally seem to have the hard to find models available.

I have been going to Champion motorcycles (in Costa Mesa) for almost 20 years now. They are a very small shop, but they will match OTD and have a good group of guys in parts, sales and service.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hey - depending on where you are in So Cal I'm probably in the same position you're in, here's what I've learned in my experiences so far, I've been shopping for about 6 months (off and on):

Hahm Motorsports (Anaheim) - DENIED A WRITTEN PRICE QUOTE THEY SENT THEMSELVES! This was after 2 hours of the run around and approving my credit. Not to mention they've screwed every member of my family whenever they bought a bike (15k for an R1, come on guys).

O.T.D. Motorsports (Santa Ana) - Not a bad shop, up front and reasonable pricing is refreshing, sales guys have been nice when I've been in to browse. Haven't tried making an offer yet nor have I been to the LA location (which actually sells honda's).

Orange County Honda (Orange) - Wouldn't drop below MSRP to match OTD, small showroom but I talked to another CBR owner who says their service shop is great and their one of the few family owned motorsports shops around.

Corona Motorsports (Corona) - After some persuasion, offered me an '08 w/ 2 brothers exhaust for 9799 on monday, told them I'd be back friday. When I returned, I was told they couldn't sell the bike for less than 10,600. So... lied to me monday or tried to rip me off friday, either way I won't be returning.

Malcolm Smith Motorsports (Riverside) - Not a honda dealership but they have a few used ones right now. They run it like a car dealership, I talked to 3 salesmen on an offer I made on an '07. I seemed to have screwed myself by offering what I actually wanted to pay, oh well live and learn. Original sticker on '07 w/12k miles and dead rear shock ("Oh when girls get on these they like to loosen them up" - yeah right) was 9800 otd.... so sticker is a joke but they will negotiate.

Callaway Motorsports (Riverside) - Matched OTDs price right away, sales guy was real nice to talk to, told me all kinds of stuff about dealerships, some of which I'm sure was crap - they pay for promotional financing?

Mountain Motorsports (Ontario) - That was a complete waste of a drive, sales guys seemed real cool at first, prices on some stuff wasn't horrendous but they refused to budge on a track damaged '06 - 8k otd, ridiculous.

So... yeah, I've been around. Learned a little each time, eliminated 3 dealerships from my shopping list. Places yet to visit: Chapparel Motorsports, Mission Motorsports, & Champion Motorcycles. I'll probably be hitting one per saturday.

·
Registered
245 Posts
AVOID DEL AMO MOTORSPORT!!!!!

GARBAGE!!!

They seem to charge a huge premium on already over priced stuff. I took my bike there for tire change and they scratched both rims on both sides. The idiot was a newbie strugling with the tire seal.

Anyway I would recommend Out the door Cycle Sport. great prices, great customer service and nice selection. The building isn't as nice as some other stores, but the service and prices will win you over.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Honda of Hollywood

I got my bike from honda of hollywood this past weekend. got 9900 out the door for my graffiti. Ask for Tyson and tell him Chris N sent you. He'll hook you up with a good deal. I would say today and tomorrow are the best days to buy because it's the end of the month and they are trying to hit their numbers or try to get close to it (name a retailer that isnt haha). good luck to ya.

chris:wave:

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
Is Foothill Honda still in business? Got an XR 250 there back in the day (1986).

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I wouldnt buy a bike at Berts. Theyre expensive. On the plus side, their shop is AWESOME!

OTD in Los Angeles has the best price. A lil Ghetto, but No hassle, haggle, or anything, I was in and out in 30 minutes when I got mine.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
OTD cycle sports - it's all you need to know. everywhere is else is full of $hit. save time, save money.... OTD FTW.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Malcom Smith Motorsports.. not so much for buying since they are not a honda dealer, but they do have some used ones most of the time... great service Dept. though

Callaway Motorsports if ya want to buy a new honda in the Riverside Area

Both in Riverside CA

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm not sure why Del Amo was brought up unless it was to buy a used Honda... and if so, you could do far better on Craig's List. I live closest to Del Amo, so I was in there this weekend looking for a mesh jacket.

I then drove to Bert's (for the first time) to check out their inventory. As others have said, it's an amazing showroom and they've got lots of gear on the floor. I was there for over an hour looking at their stuff. I did notice that the prices on the bikes were absurd, though. It seemed that they add a lot of aftermarket ($2000+) to a lot of their new bikes. Neat place.

Everyone that I know who bought a new bike in this area bought from OTD.

I bought mine used from a guy who bought it from OTD.

·
Registered
112 Posts
bringing an old thread back to life, but by OTD are you guys referring to the Inglewood shop?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts