Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone racing Firebird raceway Feb 18-19th? This is the opening round of the southwest series. I am going otbe out there from NJ and was just wondering if anyone here would be there. I'll be travellng light and will be looking to share some paddock space with someone that will have all the stuff needed at the track. If you're going to be there, please let me know!
Thanks!
-Eric

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey Eric- I'll be there. That will be my first race weekend, so Sat. I will be in the new racer clinic, but Sun. I plan on being in a few races. One main thing that you may need, that I prob. will not have is a generator. The one I have is not even enough for me, although, a buddy of mine just got a 3500 w, so I may pit w/ or near him and mouch some power.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is the weekend schedule there like? I was hoping that there would be a Friday practice for the Sat/Sun race program. Isn't the rider clinic the day before the races?

Any info you have would be helpful. Remember, I am coming out there from Jersey just for the weekend to race and get a round of golf in.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I was gunna head up... would like to see that "new" bike you got.
peeps around here are hdg Arroyo that weekend... ok I'm no help

bump

good luck tyrebuster

·
Registered
278 Posts
So, your the one who bought that bike, saw it on ebay. Cool, I would like to see that also. CCS SW does 2 day events, I think there are a few exceptions, but thats the way they do them in PHX. Practice is from like 9am to noon on Sat. and Sun. Here is the schedual- http://roadracesw.com/forms/schedules/2006/February2006Schedule.pdf

Thanx Rocketfuel :)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It ended up being an off-ebay deal as that auction was a mis-list. AND it didnt come with the spares I wanted or needed.

8am-noon practice is standard in all the regions as that is the ccs format. But usually the track school or track has practice the friday before a race. That is what I am trying to find out about.

tyrebuster said:
So, your the one who bought that bike, saw it on ebay. Cool, I would like to see that also. CCS SW does 2 day events, I think there are a few exceptions, but thats the way they do them in PHX. Practice is from like 9am to noon on Sat. and Sun. Here is the schedual- http://roadracesw.com/forms/schedules/2006/February2006Schedule.pdf

Thanx Rocketfuel :)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually just talked to one of the southwest rider reps....I'm all set on the weekend race schedule now. thanks.

But I will still need someone to share some paddock space with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts