Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my spark plugs changed and now the bike is tapping out at around 11-12,000 RPM. Runs great below 9k but kinda lacks the giddy up after that and at high speeds wont let me go and not wanting to pass over 12k. Would this be a gap issue with the plugs or maybe a secondary injection issue? Any thoughts thanks

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
yes, either or. do you have a power commander? how are your temps? are you at high altitude?

·
Registered
528 Posts
beings you just changed the plugs and if that was it i would check the gap. most people do that before installin em haha.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have a pc3 also my manual did not specify spark plug gap all it stated was maximum aloud space before replacement. Temp was not to much out of the ordinary high 80's C and low 90's C in some decently high altitudes (around 6000 feet) with some changes in altitudes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the plugs were specialty plugs for my model from honda so i wasn't sure if they were preset gaps or not and it was under that maximum aloud space that my manual had addressed

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if anybody knows and could pass on the spark plug gap for a 2003 600RR (of course) it would be greatly appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts