Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my plugs fouled out the other day on my 05. i called every where to find spark plugs everyone said they couldn't get em. conviently the honda dealership in my area is closed till the second of jan. so i started calling out of town dealerships. after a **** load of calling i finally found a dealership that had them about 2 hours away which sucked. got the plugs but the charged an ass load over 100 dollars. i know all other spark plugs cost around 15-20 a set. what is up with these plugs man or did i just get hosed? there is no way the plugs are that much better. what are your thoughts on this?

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i realize that... which is why i am wondering why this dealership charged me $100 for them... that is outragious.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is my only problem my plug says this....IMR9C-9HES.... is there a difference between that and... IMR9C-9H .... as far as fittment or anything?

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i see.. but how come they list ngk's at suzuki for 15 for a set of four.... and they are iridium as well...

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are these plugs anybetter then any other iridium plugs by ngk.... i'm thinking for 10 times more the cost they should at least add like 10 time the horse power lol...

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i guess i will just have to deal with it is there antwhere to get them cheaper

·
Registered
279 Posts
hey ceph what does 4x40=??
hahaha
sorry man I couldnt help it

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sweet thanks for the help .....

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
rickchampion said:
hey ceph what does 4x40=??
hahaha
sorry man I couldnt help it

Don't worry Ceph. I didn't catch that until it was pointed out. Mind you I just woke up and I am waiting for my coffee to brew. ;p

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts
argh! those dealers charge you murderously for a set of iridium plugs! we only carry Denso sparkplugs & we sell iridium plugs for the CBR600RR at US$12 (IUH27). if you're out for a new set of plugs try a set from Denso they are much better than NGK.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah i have a feeling i got raped.... i called another dealership they said they charged $18 a plug for the ngk but also had a plug that was $34.. they thought it was the denso.... the only thing i don't understand is this... when i had them look up the plug the plug number was different then plug number on my plug... there ended in E mine ended in ES... could someone explain if there is a difference or why my plug that came in the bike would be different then the replacement or are they the same... and why does it seem that dealerships never know what the are talking about... no offense if any of you own or work at one.... it is just that the dealerships around hear seam like they just have no clue... sorry about all the questions
\

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just had the same problem. Only 1800mi on the bike, but it was my g/f fault for starting the bike up in the cold and then shuting it right off without giving it the chance to warm up at all. I just took mine out and cleaned them with a fine wire brush, put em back in and no problems. The process was just a pain in the ass though.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the only problem i had was trying to get the damn radiator back on the top bracket that you have to slide on before you can bolt it up was a pain... but then again it was a first for me...

·
Registered
281 Posts
hammbone said:
the only problem i had was trying to get the damn radiator back on the top bracket that you have to slide on before you can bolt it up was a pain... but then again it was a first for me...
+100 That radiator is a beeeeeeaaaaaaaaaachh

1 - 20 of 21 Posts