Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea where to start with my problems so I was hoping for a little guidance ha

So when i first ran my bike last season everything seemed fine for the most part until once in awhile after warming up she would bog down past about 8,000 rpms if i was slamming through gears

then I crashed in June... ever since then my FI light has been on and it seemed to bog worse, sometimes around 5,000 rpms or higher and one of the last times I rode her anythign past idle seemed like a bog down

so I put her away for awhile until one last ride or two... seemed to be running decent, so I went to go around a truck on a 3 lane hwy, went to the right lane and gunned it when she started to bog and actually ended up dying and then I couldn't start her for a few minutes, got it started and it ended up happening to me again later when I jammed on it

anyways so now everytime I run her, it seems as though she is running super rich so I wonder if she bogs down because she got flooded because the injectors are shooting too much fuel into her?

I dunno, ive read to try the fuel filter after the bike has been down, I heard try spark plus. I cant even find anything about a 600rr fuel filter? its a 2006 btw

any ideas?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Do you know it running rich? Have someone ride behind you and when you bike bogs... you'll see black smoke from the exhaust if it's rich. If no smoke... then it's lean.

Bad fuel pump or clogged filter will cause the bike to run lean. Pinched fuel line or gas tank vent hose also.

If it is running rich. I think it can only be a bad fuel injector. I mean... if it's progressively getting worse... something is failing.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you know it running rich? Have someone ride behind you and when you bike bogs... you'll see black smoke from the exhaust if it's rich. If no smoke... then it's lean.

Bad fuel pump or clogged filter will cause the bike to run lean. Pinched fuel line or gas tank vent hose also.

If it is running rich. I think it can only be a bad fuel injector. I mean... if it's progressively getting worse... something is failing.
As far as I can tell I have never seen any black smoke coming from the exhaust

And when I let the bike run it seems that the FI light is blinking 2 long lights, well i think its the long anyways 2 blinks that about the same duration which is about a second long blink, then there is about a 3 second delay and it does it again

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Long blink is 1.3 seconds and a short is .5 seconds. 2 short says map sensor which can lead to the problem that you have. It is by the throttle bodies and has a vacuum hose attached to it. I guess make sure it's plugged in. Let us know.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It could very well be 2 short, But its defintely not 1 long and 1 short. I will have to start tearing her apart this week. Ill let you know!

Map sensor is expensive as **** to replace isnt it?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
IDK. I have an extra one off my old '06 motor if you're in need of one. I'd check the connection then the vacuum hoses for leaks. If all looks good, then look for a replacement.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IDK. I have an extra one off my old '06 motor if you're in need of one. I'd check the connection then the vacuum hoses for leaks. If all looks good, then look for a replacement.
Im gonna wait to see when the insurance adjuster is coming to look at my bike and then decide to rip her apart or not if they let me keep her.

Otherwise I may be hitting you up to buy that one!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
These are the exact symptoms I experienced when my TP sensor failed last summer.
Interesting, I have another TP sensor... I wonder if i should try to switch this out. What would cause it to fail?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright guys! Insurance totaled out the bike and is letting me keep it! Time to get to work on it!

I will be going over this thread again to try and find the problem by trial and error

suggestions on whwre to begin... what to try checklist? I got the manual and am ready to rock!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts