Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!! I have a CBR600F (1993), I don't use It , but I warm It up about once every two weeks, the problem is that about every three month I have to change the spark plugs because It began to fail, the engine starts but I have to keep It accelerated, when I release the acelerator It stops, until It does not starts anymore, I cahnge the spark plugs and the engine starts at first try, and works well for three month more, and the fail begans again.:banghead:

I have removed the spark plugs and I've cleaned them and they look good but don't works, so my question is if I just warm up the engine but I don't run It the spark plugs gets damage?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes, they are quite sensitive I've noticed. Running them quickly hot and shutting the engine off has forced me to change them in the past as well.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
If your not riding it you are much better off to make sure you have good oil in it, and store it, putting oil in each cylinder and cranking it with the plugs out and then reinstalling them. empty the carbs, and top off the fuel tank and add some marine Stabil. It would cost you less to store it once than replace the plugs once more.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
As above... remove the battery, drain the bowls on the carbs, refill the tank to the top with some stabil and replace the oil. chuck a rag in the exhaust and intakes to stop unwanted guests climbing in and put her away... If it's going to be there a really long time put it on stands to prevent or at least slow down tyre rot.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
we sould the old fjr 1100 and this crap was always a problem changing the bulbs non stop and all that crap. Before it was sold we drained the oil and all the gasoline had drained it to the crankcase. Real healthy. Good luck with her.

·
Registered
60 Posts
or ride the ole girl thats what she really wants and try seafoam ive heard lots of people say it stabilizes bette than sta-bil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts