• helmet speakers

Votes: 14 32.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just bought an ipod shuffle, it's pimp. here in fl earbuds are supposedly illegal, does anyone ride with helmet speakers, or can i get away with just using the ipod earphones. i read taht the chatterbox headsets are the best, anyone have any ideas.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Though I don't use anything now, IMO I'd prefer speakers. I want to hear what's going on around me. Earbuds would block out real world sounds.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
i do not know much about the chatterbox, but I have heard about them, but I use iPod headset ran through my jacket so the wires are tucked. And for music, I put the volume extremely low, to where I hear very little of the beat just so I have a little bit of sound, but not to obstruct with the outside sounds so I can hear what is going on outside as well.

I only do this for long rides though.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
legally you can only do speakers (at least here in jersey)

but for those +100mile trips i like the buds... they block most of the noise and dont need to be turned up superhigh.
I have the jvc "marshmallows"... not expensive and super comfortable

·
Registered
712 Posts
i just bought the Chatterbox XBi. i paired it up with my phone and streamed music from there. i like using it more than earbuds. i dont like shoving stuff in my ears and often times while riding one earbud gets loose so one side is louder than the other. it bugs! so i opted to try out the chatterbox. i really like it. i can hear music and sounds going on around me.

i just bought a bluetooth adapter for my ipod, havent had a chance to try it out while riding but just testing out the sound, the volume wasnt that great. adjusting the volume on the ipod doesnt do anything to the sound. so i might just go back to using my phone or try a different bluetooth adapter for my ipod.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Here in FL (Orlando) you can have one in ear. I have a pair of over the ear headphones for my iphone that way the helmet does not push them out. I go for long rides and wear them both and I find that it does not block out surrounding noise. I can still hear emergency vehicles. Be careful though, my friend got a ticket for wearing both the other day after a routine traffic stop. I wear ear plugs for short rides.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I bought a pair of helmet speakers b/c there is nothing more frustrating than having earbuds fall halfway out of your ear when you are riding and having to try to wedge your hand in your helmet to push them back in your ear. The speakers are pretty nice b/c it came with a volume cord so i don't have to pull out my ipod.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Maybe I am getting a little old for all the internet jargon, but I always see "ftw" someone enlighten me?

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have Skull Candy Earbuds #1 they act as ear plugs because of how they are made.

#2 Riding alone is just funner to have a little music.
I never listen at a high volume it would worry me not hearing the world around me but a little tunage is good

·
Registered
477 Posts
Also favor the ear buds. God bless my iPhone.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'd go ear buds too. There illegal here in CA too. You speed all that time too and its illegal yet you still do it, RIGHT. I've gotten pull over while having the ear buds on, and could understand what the Highway Patrol was saying over the speaker hahaha, I just pull it OFF while i was stoping.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
ear buds get painful after a while, they are a PIA to sit right in your ear after placing your helmet on, and thats another thing, pending how snuggly your helmet is and your ear size also its hard to get it all working "right" i use speakers that sit in place, and when not in use help keep "some" noise out, and keep ears warmer in colder months.
ones i have are cheap, reliable and made to be in a helmet. also has a volume control on the cord so you can adjust on the fly :)
ebay..
NEW! HS68 Motorcycle Helmet Speakers w/ Volume Control
High Quality Stereo Sound! Louder and More Bass! Item number: 180334849750

$25Us free shipping..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts