Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Special Olmpics NC Beach Benefit Ride

The Special Olympics North Carolina recieves no government funding and is entirely dependant on donations to support its program. No athlete pays a fee to participate in Special Olymics. Our goal is to reach out and increae the numberof participants each year...while maintaining the quality training programs and competitions already benefiting so many North Carolinians.

Enjoy a forty-two mile beach benefit ride for Special Olympics North Carloina. The ride takes you west on NC24 to Cape Carteret, across the B Cameron LAngston Hi-Rise Bridge and east on NC58 from Emerald Isle to Atlantic Beach. The ride will conclude at Fort MAcon Beach, where riders will get to meet local Special Olympics Athletes.

I want to make a donation on behalf of cbr600rr.com/600rr.net and have taken up a collection and need your help to reach our goal. I am confident that we can raise no less than $500. I am optimistic that with your help, that number could be as high as $1000. The sportbike representation at this event will be small in numbers but I would like to make it strong in its contribution. If you are interested in making a donation, I have set up a pay-pal accout for this purpose. $1, $5, $10, anything you can give will help. This is a good cause and a chance for some good publicity.

If you're in the area come on out for a ride and help a good cause. Pre-registration Donation is $15 per bike. Day of Ride Donation is $20. Send me a PM and I'll forward meeting time and place information or if your interested in making a donation directly to the Special Olympics log onto www.sonc.net.

Donations can be made via paypal. My paypal account e-mail is:

[email protected]

All donations will be presented to the Special Oylmpics North Carolina on behalf of cbr600rr.com/600rr.net on Saturday April 4th.

Thanks to everybody who has made a donation so far (I'll provide a list of contributors if everyone is comfortable with that). We have already raised over $250 and although it doesn't sound like much it is definately a good start. We'll be collecting donations until March 31, 2004.

Thanks again and open up those wallets.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://www.cbr600rr.com/forum/index.php?board=11;action=display;threadid=2521

Here's what's been going on over on cbr600rr.com. I would really like to make this a co-site effort. Its even been suggested that I keep tabs of where the money is coming from and turn this into a little friendly rivalry. Make sure when you send the $$ that you post a note with your username and what board you're from. I'll post thank yous updated totals as they come in. I know they had a little head start but cbr600rr.com has contributed $265 so far. Thanks in advance for all of your help and support.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Keep in mind its all in good fun to try and drum up some donations for a very good cause. In the grand scheme of things the only thing that really matters is that any donations will be going to a great cause.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Sure it'll be a friendly rival after all, we all ride the coolest bike around right? - However, with in the most mild mannered, friendly and all-for-one way I can possibly say - NO WAY .COM GUYS ARE WINNING THIS ONE!!! Come on - .net has 3x the members!!! - Get out the wallets and let's help some kids and smoke those posers at .com in the best friendly rivalry there can be.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I will personally match .net member donations up to $100.00.

That means that once "corner worker" tells me we have $100.00 donated from 600rr.net members I will kick in $100 personally (not from donations that are made to run the site) and we'll be in the running here.

This is a great cause, anyone who has ever been a part of it can tell you. I'm proud that we can do our part to help a real charity that does some real good.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks JetBlast10. This is exactly what this tlittle fundraiser needed. I'm going to post this over at .com and see what they can do. Thanks everybody. This is definately for a great cause and its going to earn us sportbike riders some much deserved respect and admiration.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The the first day has passed and NO contributions to the Special Olympics have been made. Actually, there was no activity from either side side overnight. Very disappointing. Send $1, $5, $10...anything. Every bit is going to help. A couple of dollars is going to make very little, if any difference in your life and and will make a world of difference in the lives of those who its going to. Please lets reach out and offer our support.

The bottom line remains...

cbr600rr.com-$365
600rr.net-$0

total-$365

Everybody on here has $5 to spare. Everybody! And between both sites, we've only seen what, a handful of people give a little something up (God bless all of those that have, none of this is directed at any of you). Come on!!! Its one pint of Guinness, 1 Blockbuster rental, 1 carton of Ben&Jerry's, or 1 of any number of other of other tiny sacrifices. Its not like anyone's asking you to forego that new slip-on or PCIII. Just $5 from even 1/3 of the members here and 1/3 of the members over at .com and we change alot of lives. Pull out you're credit cards and hit up that paypal account and lets do something here we all can be very proud of. Keep in mind that these folks don't have the ability to hop on their RR and carve up some twisties. They can't just go climbing or surfing or whatever else any of us do to get our rocks off. Help them do what they can. Help them do what they love.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
corner worker said:
Be sure to note both your username and which site you're donating for so I can thank the right people.
I figured that you might know who Marshall is. I figured that I would start it off. When I get paid I'll be able to do more. But thanx for getting this all together and I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just noticed that 600rr.net ha over 2000 registered users. If just 10% of you spare $5 thats better than $1k from this site alone. If cbr600rr.com matches that (I'm hoping that they will) we make a big difference in a lot of lives. This isn't like sending $0.19 a day to some country you've never heard of and having $0.17 being siphoned off the top to fund God know's what, this money is actually going directly to the athletes. Let's get the money machine rolling.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No new donations overnight from either site. This is really disappointing. I would have thought the competitive spirit in most of us or outright disdain for the other site in the others would have started a donation war. All of the money that has come in from both sites has come from maybe 15-20 people, if that. There should be a whole lot more activity even if its only a couple of $$. Most of us have at least $10k into this sport between the RR and gear and you're trying to tell me you don't have $5 to offer up to those less fortunate. Something doesn't seem right about that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts