Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy a new bike (new to me), I want to make sure that I can take it to the states with me. Any one know how to check US spec on this CBR? The bike and I are both in Tokyo.

Anyone have any experience importing?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
i doubt there is any thing different about that cbr, than any other cbr of the same year

... at least in the states, any of the limited runs with special plastics (if those arnt even after market) there is no difference in engine/performance specs for the street bikes

·
fast03600rr
9,995 Posts
i see the silver frame but i thought that an actual movistar had a different looking exhaust and maybe some other markings.. i'm not sure if that would be hard to get titled and plated in the states or not..

G

·
i am not sure... but i would imagine that the import of a bike is semi annoying like it is for a car.. esp since we have different emission standards.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
All the lights will be ok.

You can switch it from KMH to MPH and C' to F'

I thought Japanese bikes were restricted from 105hp to something like 69hp for Japanese law or something. to reconvert back you need at a minimum a US spec ECU

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm having difficulty finding anyone with experience importing a bike, so if any of you could ask around, you'd be helping an Airman in need. I don't wanna have to sell it if I don't have to.

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
That's not an 07.
Yep, it's not an 07, and there are ways to change the display from metric to SAE (kph to mph and Celsius to Fahrenheit) Gotta be an 05-06, get the VIN number for us and we can verify that for you, or find a description breakdown online for Honda VIN numbers

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
As above, it's not worth importing a bike. That is an 05-06. Also high chance that the fairings are aftermarket.
Not in Japan that was one of the limited edition bikes they got.

·
Registered
73 Posts
We got the 2005-2006 Movistar version over here too, we sold one in our shop. The only difference was the fairings (obviously), and frame colour. (same with the repsol 1000).
In Japan, same as here, they drive on the left, so you may have to switch your lights as the dip beam will be on the wrong side.
As said earlier it will be in KM's and celcius on the temp guage.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Not in Japan that was one of the limited edition bikes they got.
2006 Telefonica. Genuine article by the look of the frame. That was the only scheme to come out with the silver frame in the 06. I know, I bought the frame over here in Aus.

I don't know about the import laws, but to be honest, unless you bought it for an absolute song, sell it and by something back home. I know shipping will be around the $1000 mark unless you can get a nice hookup, and you may have to pass it through customs, then get an engineering certificate to valiadte it's fine to be registered as the VION and engine numbers won't match US DMV registrar list.

Good luck though!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.