Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to need your help with my speed calibration on my 04 600rr. I went 5 teeth in the rear. But I know my actual speed is NO where close to what it is reading.. I did use the search button and I found a few calibration sites, but I don't know how to fill them. I'm still learning the actual data on our bikes... I can build one from the ground up, I just don't know how to do this :tard:

This will be a lot of :book1: but was hoping someone can help me figure this all out! Thanks RRiders! :five:

·
Registered
147 Posts
download the excel file on this thread http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=25900

after downloading it, adjust the number of teeth in the file to match your bike.

Now pick a gear and RPM. For example, you could pick 6th gear at 6000RPMs. Take note of the speed listed on the Excel file.

Now put your gear on and go for a ride. Put it in 6th gear and get to 6000RPMs. Take note of the speed on the speedometer.

Go to the speedohealer website and use the online calibrator thing to get the % you should use. it will also give you detailed instructions on inputting the new %

errr.... you will need to do all this stuff after you get a speedohealer. Or you can use the numbers to figure out how much the speedometer is off and then you can do the math in your head. For example if it says 66 when you're going 60, your speedo is off by 10%. so whenever you look at the speed of your bike, subtract 10% from the value and thats your speed...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts