Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-03-30-speeding-cushion_N.htm?se=yahoorefer

The recession may be claiming a new victim: the 5-10-mph "cushion" police and state troopers across the USA have routinely given motorists exceeding the speed limit.

As cities and states scramble to fill budget gaps with revenue from traffic citations, "not only are the (speeding) tolerances much lower, but the frequency of a warning instead of a ticket is way down," says James Baxter, president of the National Motorists Association, a Wisconsin-based drivers' rights group that helps its members fight speeding tickets.

"Most people, if they're stopped now, are getting a ticket even if it's only a minor violation of a few miles per hour," Baxter says. He cites anecdotal evidence of drivers being pulled over at slower speeds.

Weak frickin sauce....a few miles an hour?!?!?!?

Half a second of innattention and your 3 miles an hour over :retard:

Srsly.....Give me a break :cursin:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Fml!....................

·
Registered
255 Posts
That is just plain weak! Just raise the speed limits!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
In town I do too, but on the freeways here in Ca I do 80 mph all the time. I think the state just needs to bump up the limit like in other states to 80
What other states have an 80mph speed limit? The only one I know of is Montana, and I think it was 75mph with the "cushion" of 5 over.

I know Washington state started their crack down on Friday, more police, no cushion, lots of revenue. Look at it this way, they are helping the economy by giving out tickets which then forces you to pay your lawyer who drops the ticket and buys himself a new Porsche.

Here in Iraq (on base) they started enforcing driving safety last month. Before they gave out warnings and rarely gave out tickets. Now if you get pulled over for anything you lose your license. Period. No seatbelt? No license. 5 over? No license. Person riding in the back of the truck without a helmet? You lose your license for their mistake.

What's so hard about following the speed limit? I haven't done over 25mph in the last 5 months. :fyou:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Do you like having nice roads to drive on? Functioning traffic lights? A judicial system to throw drunken drivers in jail? Some local governments are even considering taxing haircuts. No one likes paying tickets, but the truth is the economic crisis is affecting municipal and state governments.

It makes me uneasy to have the police being used as a fundraising apparatus for the state. Especially since there are consequences with insurance. I'd much rather see taxes raised through more direct means, like increased property taxes.

Bri

·
Registered
588 Posts
Do you like having nice roads to drive on? Functioning traffic lights? A judicial system to throw drunken drivers in jail? Some local governments are even considering taxing haircuts. No one likes paying tickets, but the truth is the economic crisis is affecting municipal and state governments.

It makes me uneasy to have the police being used as a fundraising apparatus for the state. Especially since there are consequences with insurance. I'd much rather see taxes raised through more direct means, like increased property taxes.

Bri
Why would you look for drug dealers and murderers if you could pull over a **** ton of people and a raise might finally be in the budget? This is retarded because the speed limit is suggested, which is taught in drivers ed here. There is supposed to be that over/under. I really wish they'd pull over people going 30 in a 40 if they're going to do this, get them the fvck out of my way

1 - 20 of 22 Posts