Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
god damnit, i got a ticket a few months back, i did exetensions on it cause im trying to save money to pay for it, it was doing 80 on 65mph on the freeway when the flow of traffic was litterally 80. But anyway it was a 400 dollar ticket, and last month was the last extension i could get..i havent had the chance to take care of it because of training for iraq and for the past 3 weeks ive been in north carolina for another week and half. Now my cousin called me and said there's a letter back home saying if i dont pay it they'll suspend my license. But they don't say when they will. does anyone know what the time frame is for that? cause i need to get back to california so i can take care of this ticket...what options can you choose besides paying it all at once?

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Extension to pay or plea? So you already plead guilty on the case and were ordered to pay $400 and did not in time so they now sent a letter wanting $700? This whole thing makes no sense to me. I don't know if you plead on the case or what?!

It sounds to me like your license will be revoked within 30 days if you do not make payment. In terms of payments or lowering the fine due to financial hardship, you go before the judge and ask for that. It sounds like you did things ass backwards. The legal system does not allow for ignorance of the law. I think you have to pay in full if you want to keep your license at this point.

·
Registered
345 Posts
often times if you send a letter to the courts explaining the situation in a calm, and non-demeaning manner, including a money order for the $400 they will sometimes give you a break..

you can also call and possibly make payment arrangements, but it may be too late for that.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did not have to appear in court, i just extended my date to pay. And the extension expired cause ive been here in north carolina havent had the chance to take care of it. I think its 700 njow because its been pass the due date and it includes thecourt fees

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
$400 for 15 over? DAaaannnngg. I have gotten plenty of 30 overs and the tickets were NEVER over $200. Gottaa love CAL right?! haha

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
i did not have to appear in court, i just extended my date to pay. And the extension expired cause ive been here in north carolina havent had the chance to take care of it. I think its 700 njow because its been pass the due date and it includes thecourt fees
It doesn't matter where you are, you can pay it on time through the mail. You being in N. Carolina does not make a difference. Your best bet now is to pay the $700 right away. Next time if you plan on paying the fee and basically accepting the guilty plea, go before the judge! You can always plead guilty and ask for a lower charge or payments. The judge many times will ask you what you can afford that day just so the courts are done with it sooner.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
First of all, you will be excused because you are in Active duty for training. Make sure you show that paper work to the court... call the court and notify them that your in training for the ARMY bro!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Damn $700??!! imagine what parts you can buy for that!

well since you're stuck with it, pay it as fast as you can. normally the courts can only give you a 90 day extension at most so if you go over that they will suspend ur license. Pay it ASAP or go to court/ write a letter telling the judge ur circumstances and that you are in active duty. they might cut you a break...

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Tell your command and get a letter as a proof that you were out of town training. Make sure that you really did try to extend it by contacting the court. I had a similiar situation back in 2001, but I was overseas. I was told that I have a warrant for failing to show up in court. Fortunately, I was with my Staff NCO when I went to the court to try to fix it before the deployment. Somehow they(court) screwed up the date, but my Ssgt vouch for me in front of my CO.
Oh yeah the ticket got fix with no late fee whatsoever.
P.S if your court is in Vista Court Complex, don't even try wearing your Chucks or any uniform. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
If i was you i would just show up in court and be like...
Hey since im going over to Iraq to fight for your freedom from being blown up by terrorists, the least you could do is throw out this ticket! Cause what good is it gonna do you to suspend my license and charge me almost a grand for a stupid speeding ticket when i could F'n DIE over there!!!

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
i was recently fined in VA a $900 "civil penalty" on top of my $162 ticket plus court fee. i have to pay the $900 over 2 years, making 1 $300 payment a year. i had to pay the first $300 at the court along with the $162 fine.

I HATE VA LAWS!!!!

stupid fine rant over. oh and if u dont pay, they suspend your license. which ends up fukin u when they charge you a reinstatement fee to get your license reinstated. :supergay:

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
go in court in your uniform, most of the time they will drop your charges because many the cops are veterian as well. also never admit to the fact that you were going 80 say you are not aware of your exact speed, but it is not 80 for sure. in addtion let them know that you are being depolit to Iraq soon. they will most likely drop the charge if not ask for lowering the ticket. a buddy of mine in the 101 goes to court for every ticket in his uniform, he still have a clean record till this day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts