Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Forum, I was on a back country road doing 90 in a 55 zone and a motorcycle cop ticketed me for speeding. My biggest concern is having it on my record and my insurance going up. Some people say I should get a traffic lawyer, others say just show up and be apologetic and hope the judge is cool.

What's the best way to keep it off my record? Is it true that I can just show up to court a day early and win the case because the cop is not there?
Also if they don't drop the case, can I get the ticket/points erased from my license by taking one of those $200 traffic school safety courses?

Many thanks!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Those cops LOVE to troll the outback here in TX looking for speeders - you know us real lawbreakers.

The only ticket I've ever gotten was in TX and I just paid the fine in person at the courthouse. They told me that for an extra $50 they would not report it to my insurance. So let me get this straight, if I break a law I'm considered a more dangerous driver so you tell my insurance and they charge me more, but if I give you $50 I'm now not a more dangerous driver...:ponder: If that isn't the definition of revenue generation I don't know what is.

Anyway, no idea if this is normal policy everywhere but it's the only experience I have. Of course I was doing a whopping 11 over down that 300 mile speed trap also known as I-75. Not sure if your situation is going to get the same offer.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I never got a ticket when I lived in Texas, but here in Cali we get to go to traffic school once every 18 months and it won't show up on our record. Texas doesn't have anything similar?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never got a ticket when I lived in Texas, but here in Cali we get to go to traffic school once every 18 months and it won't show up on our record. Texas doesn't have anything similar?
Yeah Texas has traffic school, but I heard if you speed more than 25 miles over, you can't get traffic school

1 - 4 of 4 Posts