Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got pulled today for 42 in a 25, cop was sittin there waiting for someone to come along. Anyways, just trying to explore options for court/possible routes to take in terms of lowering fines/points and/or traffic school

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
I've always used the speedo recalibration thing...

maybe find a place that will give you a fake receipt for a speedometer recalibrator..take it in to the judge and say you got it done...fixed

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
if you go to a 15/45 sprocket setup, or thereabouts, you'll be off by around 20%. you could say you went the opposite way for gas mileage or something, heh and that it showed a lower speed than actually going.

·
Registered
274 Posts
eazy e, you gotta give us some more detail on how that's done!! I gotta go to court monday for my first speeding ticket (first on RR) :-x

·
Registered
16 Posts
Why is it that pigs can drive just as fast as they want when ever they want. And there is nothing we can do about it? F**kING just pissies me right off. Or the fags will drive 55 down the highway waiting for someone to try to pass them just so they can be a **** and ticket them. I really hate cops No good wasit of life f**ks.

LOL
Sorry this doesn't help you in any way. Just thought I would vent for a sec, Same **** happend to me twodays ago. :(

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
PreppyR6 said:
Got pulled today for 42 in a 25, cop was sittin there waiting for someone to come along. Anyways, just trying to explore options for court/possible routes to take in terms of lowering fines/points and/or traffic school
Why did you stop?

·
Registered
812 Posts
I suggest you fight each one with a lawyer if possible.

Insurance premiums may be more then lawyer fees in the long run.

The prosecuter will often cut a deal for no points if you were not going too fast.

Sometimes you can get a ticket thrown out all together on a technicality or if the cop does not show up.

Some states take 2 points off for MSF.

Cops are just doing a job. They have to "approach with caution" and "take control of the situation". Some come off like a$$holes because of their training. Most of the ones I know are pretty nice guys.

I met a cop in Somerville NJ who had over 20 years on the force and still had his first ticket book with about 10 tickets left in it. Nice guy too. He would give you a lecture for 10min and let you go. He retired long ago.

·
Registered
274 Posts
McShagger said:
PreppyR6 said:
Why did you stop?
McShagger please be careful not to encourage running from the police you may get some unwanted attendtion. I am not saying that I am a perfect citizen but running can get you in some unwanted trouble. As always be safe

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
GO TO THE LAYWER AND HE WILL TELL YOU WAT TO DO. I DID THE SAME THING AND I HAVE TO THE SAFTY CLASS ON SATURDAY. I ONLY PAID $98 BUCKS AND IT'S NOT GOING TO BE ON MY RECORD.

sorry for the caps. i don't want to retype the whole thing again.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I got 3 tickets in one go, including a misdemeanor criminal charge. Lawyer got me off all 3 charges. All they want is the fine money. The judge asked me if I would be willing to pay the standard fines for all 3 charges if he dismissed them. Of course I agreed. DONE. No convictions, no points. HIRE A LAWYER.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts