Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea so I was goin down I-94 at about 140mph when . . . . ok so that's what the usaul speeding ticket is or at least somthing along those lines but mine?

30 MILES PER HOUR!!!!!!!! :cwm21:

I was riding through downtown Westville and was pulled over right in front of all the cruisers at the local bar. The cop told me that he flashed his lights at me to warn me to slow down and I'm pretty sure the only time I saw his lights was when he was on my ass right when I passed him!! Anyway, he told me it was twenty through town, made me stand there in my jacket sweatin my ass off for about twenty minutes (was wearin my helmet and gloves too) then gave me a fu#*ing ticket!!!!

He also added and I quote "that's the state law, buddy." WTF :puke:

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
They're known to lie a lot. How much is the ticket? Sorry to hear that but po po does have negative impression on sport bikes.

A friend of mine stopped in a parking lot chilling when an officer came up and cited him for cross the double yellow lines. I mean seriously, there are hundreds of bike at that parking lot and the pig just going around and cited people for random azz stuff.

I would contest it.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're known to lie a lot. How much is the ticket? Sorry to hear that but po po does have negative impression on sport bikes.

A friend of mine stopped in a parking lot chilling when an officer came up and cited him for cross the double yellow lines. I mean seriously, there are hundreds of bike at that parking lot and the pig just going around and cited people for random azz stuff.

I would contest it.

You're tellin me! It's 150 for the ticket and I knew that bein on a sport bike didn't help but I was completely cooperative, had my gear on, and I live in Westville!! I've had some encounters with the cops but apparently there's no breaks from "Westville's Finest" lol

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
You're tellin me! It's 150 for the ticket and I knew that bein on a sport bike didn't help but I was completely cooperative, had my gear on, and I live in Westville!! I've had some encounters with the cops but apparently there's no breaks from "Westville's Finest" lol
Yup. Sad but true. Would you like a pat in the back to make you feel better? I'm not 'retelling' your story, I'm telling you to fight it since you got harassed.

My gf got a ticket driving in a cage at 76mph in a 60mph zone in Oregon, mind you for us Californian, that's considered normal. So I did a search and this is what I found. This should give you a rough idea on how to go about it should the officer acts as a prosecutor. I'll be adding those questions and statement to my book of law.

http://tipmra.com/new_tipmra/oregon_speeding_ticket.htm

Oregon: Revised Statute Chapter 153

This unconscionable act makes prosecution of your case possible by the police officer. Forget the arguments in the Tipmra that deal with an officer acting as prosecutor. In Oregon he can.

You can read this pathetic chapter at http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/153.html if you have the stomach. If you are a Oregon resident the legislature has certainly taken away your rights under the US constitution and prostituted itself shamelessly for the sake of raping its citizenry.

You can’t fight that chapter: Here is what I recommend.

Present the case law at the beginning of trial.

Let the officer testify

Now you ask these questions: Read them if you have to.
(if he answers yes to any question ask “When and Where”)

• Officer (name) how many years of Law school do you have?
  • Officer (name) how many university level classes have you attended in the application of statutes and rules of law?
  • Officer (name) how many university level classes have you attended concerning the literal meaning of the statutes or rules at issue?
  • Officer (name) how many university level classes have you attended concerning the admissibility of evidence?
  • Officer (name) how many university level classes have you attended concerning proper procedures to be used in the trial?
  • Officer (name) are knowledgeable with Rule 153.083 of the revised Oregon Statutes including the meaning of the notation of “not added to or made a part to” in the Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes concerning ORS chapter 153”?

He will most likely answer NO or NONE to most of the questions. You now motion to the court. (Read this to the court)

“Your Honor under rule 153.083 a peace officer who issued the citation for the offense may present evidence, examine and cross-examine witnesses and make arguments relating to the offence. The operative word is MAY. By this officers own sworn testimony he (she) has no formal education as to application of statutes and rules of law, literal meaning of the statutes or rules at issue, the admissibility of evidence and proper procedures to be used in the trial. Permitting this officer to proceed under rule 153.083 is equivalent to allowing a person who has once upon a time seen a doctor to practice medicine.

"By the rule of “exclusion by inclusion” the legislature made specific that the word “Shall” is excluded from this legislation when it specifically inserted the word “May” into rule 153.083. In light of the officers own testimony to lack of training and formal education into the substance of the foregoing I motion for exclusion of the officer’s testimony and further participation of the officer as acting in the stead of a prosecutor.”

If the motion is granted: “Your Honor, Defendant motions for dismissal on the grounds of improperly admitted testimony pursuant to your previous ruling.”

You have made a point. The Judge may not buy your argument however it will make it much easier for you when you examine the officer on the calibration of the tuning forks, laser or other device used as outlined in the tipmra.

To be honest, because of Oregon’s new revised Statutes you are at a serious disadvantage and your chance is reduced to no more then 50/50 even with the tipmra. Nonetheless your fighting of the ticket and making much to do about the unconscionable rule 153.083 will in time cause a case to go to the State Supreme court for adjudication. The more defendants that contest this rule as outlined here will in time force a change and return of defendant’s rights.

If I lived in Oregon I would fight like a tiger in court. I would not take this insult to my rights lightly and even if I lose I would not go down without a fight.

Please send me your results when you use the defense as outlined as this will help others in the future.

Roland
G'luck man.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well a pat on the back might help a little :icon_lol:

thanks for the help man

F

·
0 Posts
Ouchie..............only 30mph? Didn't you sweet talk em a lil bit? you know, the guy way.....

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I missed the part where you go harrassed.

maybe harrassed is it bit strong . . . but the cop wasn't pleasant and is 30mph really that serious? Guess they were runnin low on their quota for the month

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ouchie..............only 30mph? Didn't you sweet talk em a lil bit? you know, the guy way.....
oh I took the helmet off and ran my fingers through my hair, bat my eyes a little bit . . . :gay:

nothin seemed to work . .

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
oh I took the helmet off and ran my fingers through my hair, bat my eyes a little bit . . . :gay:

nothin seemed to work . .

There you go...keep on at it.

On a serious note, if you didn't have a ticket within 18 months, maybe it's just better paying it off and go to traffic school. Otherwise, I would go to court and take my chance.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Dreamzboy, I'd love to see you try that in court. Everything always sounds so perfect on paper.

My brother is a cop, though he doesn't deal with traffic tickets cause that would make him:gay: in my opinion, but from what he tells me....

An officer's word is pretty damn golden in a traffic court or small case. I think the judge would tell you to stfu before you got 1/4 through all those accusations. Now if it's a trial, I think it would be different.

Dunno, just my .02

Good luck to the OP, hope you catch a break.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Dreamzboy, I'd love to see you try that in court. Everything always sounds so perfect on paper.

My brother is a cop, though he doesn't deal with traffic tickets cause that would make him:gay: in my opinion, but from what he tells me....

An officer's word is pretty damn golden in a traffic court or small case. I think the judge would tell you to stfu before you got 1/4 through all those accusations. Now if it's a trial, I think it would be different.

Dunno, just my .02

Good luck to the OP, hope you catch a break.
In fact, I already did and I won. The cop showed up, did his testimony and after that I ran the show. The person who had to stfu wasn't me or the judge. The judge is the judge, I'm the defendant, and the police is the witness. I ask him question, not the other way around.

I don't want to sound cocky, but that's the fact. I don't need to lie to make myself look good. But yes, I do agree with you, some judges are biased and there's nothing you can do, just like good cops and bad cops.

By the end of the day, it's my right and I choose to exercise it and I will not let thieves pick my pocket without a fight.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yup. Sad but true. Would you like a pat in the back to make you feel better? I'm not 'retelling' your story, I'm telling you to fight it since you got harassed.

My gf got a ticket driving in a cage at 76mph in a 60mph zone in Oregon, mind you for us Californian, that's considered normal. So I did a search and this is what I found. This should give you a rough idea on how to go about it should the officer acts as a prosecutor. I'll be adding those questions and statement to my book of law.

http://tipmra.com/new_tipmra/oregon_speeding_ticket.htm

Oregon: Revised Statute Chapter 153

This unconscionable act makes prosecution of your case possible by the police officer. Forget the arguments in the Tipmra that deal with an officer acting as prosecutor. In Oregon he can.

You can read this pathetic chapter at http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/153.html if you have the stomach. If you are a Oregon resident the legislature has certainly taken away your rights under the US constitution and prostituted itself shamelessly for the sake of raping its citizenry.

You can’t fight that chapter: Here is what I recommend.

Present the case law at the beginning of trial.

Let the officer testify

Now you ask these questions: Read them if you have to.
(if he answers yes to any question ask “When and Where”)

• Officer (name) how many years of Law school do you have?
  • Officer (name) how many university level classes have you attended in the application of statutes and rules of law?
  • Officer (name) how many university level classes have you attended concerning the literal meaning of the statutes or rules at issue?
  • Officer (name) how many university level classes have you attended concerning the admissibility of evidence?
  • Officer (name) how many university level classes have you attended concerning proper procedures to be used in the trial?
  • Officer (name) are knowledgeable with Rule 153.083 of the revised Oregon Statutes including the meaning of the notation of “not added to or made a part to” in the Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes concerning ORS chapter 153”?

He will most likely answer NO or NONE to most of the questions. You now motion to the court. (Read this to the court)

“Your Honor under rule 153.083 a peace officer who issued the citation for the offense may present evidence, examine and cross-examine witnesses and make arguments relating to the offence. The operative word is MAY. By this officers own sworn testimony he (she) has no formal education as to application of statutes and rules of law, literal meaning of the statutes or rules at issue, the admissibility of evidence and proper procedures to be used in the trial. Permitting this officer to proceed under rule 153.083 is equivalent to allowing a person who has once upon a time seen a doctor to practice medicine.

"By the rule of “exclusion by inclusion” the legislature made specific that the word “Shall” is excluded from this legislation when it specifically inserted the word “May” into rule 153.083. In light of the officers own testimony to lack of training and formal education into the substance of the foregoing I motion for exclusion of the officer’s testimony and further participation of the officer as acting in the stead of a prosecutor.”

If the motion is granted: “Your Honor, Defendant motions for dismissal on the grounds of improperly admitted testimony pursuant to your previous ruling.”

You have made a point. The Judge may not buy your argument however it will make it much easier for you when you examine the officer on the calibration of the tuning forks, laser or other device used as outlined in the tipmra.

To be honest, because of Oregon’s new revised Statutes you are at a serious disadvantage and your chance is reduced to no more then 50/50 even with the tipmra. Nonetheless your fighting of the ticket and making much to do about the unconscionable rule 153.083 will in time cause a case to go to the State Supreme court for adjudication. The more defendants that contest this rule as outlined here will in time force a change and return of defendant’s rights.

If I lived in Oregon I would fight like a tiger in court. I would not take this insult to my rights lightly and even if I lose I would not go down without a fight.

Please send me your results when you use the defense as outlined as this will help others in the future.

Roland
G'luck man.
This is kind of funny.. I'd like to see how it plays out. I am a little unclear how traffic court works in the USA, and Im sure it varies between states, but in Canada there is a prosecutor, and he would have all the formal training. The officer would be used as a witness. Last I check a witness need no university classes in order to testify? Formal training on Radar, yes, but not on the admissibility of evidence..?

Things may be different here though...

·
Registered
158 Posts
In fact, I already did and I won. The cop showed up, did his testimony and after that I ran the show. The person who had to stfu wasn't me or the judge. The judge is the judge, I'm the defendant, and the police is the witness. I ask him question, not the other way around.

I don't want to sound cocky, but that's the fact. I don't need to lie to make myself look good. But yes, I do agree with you, some judges are biased and there's nothing you can do, just like good cops and bad cops.

By the end of the day, it's my right and I choose to exercise it and I will not let thieves pick my pocket without a fight.
What court were you in when you did this? There would be a record of this because this would be a CRAZY precendent set by a judge... I would like to research this... Do you know the judges name? Or the date that you went to court?

Good on you for getting that to work.... Seemed a little far fetched.

·
Registered
363 Posts

Kinda Reminds me of someone els that was recently on this site. Oh, OP Speeding ticket? Sure you werent doing whoolies in front of undercover cops? LOL:all_cohol

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
What court were you in when you did this? There would be a record of this because this would be a CRAZY precedent set by a judge... I would like to research this... Do you know the judges name? Or the date that you went to court?

Good on you for getting that to work.... Seemed a little far fetched.

I do and I would post up the paper work but then it has too much info on there. I'll see if I can find it and white out some stuff so you can at least see it for yourself. All I could remember was this was settle beginning of this year. There are plenty of cases were dismissed similar to my case. In fact, I kind of use the precedent set by other judges to aid my case.

By the way, all these legal stuffs didn't come easy. I spent hours in research, reading, preparation, and gather courage to stand up to the court system.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Kinda Reminds me of someone els that was recently on this site. Oh, OP Speeding ticket? Sure you werent doing whoolies in front of undercover cops? LOL:all_cohol
Honestly, the cop caught me red handed. I thought the taxi was behind me trying to tail gate and driving like an idiot, so I made a stupid run on the freeway merger. I hit 90 mph before getting on the freeway and then slow down to wait for the 'taxi' to pass but he caught up and right at my tail. I changed lane, he changed lane, I slowed down, he too slow down, and finally, when I was a the farthest left lane, that's when he flip the lights. It was midnight with little lighting, and my helmet is tinted so I cannot make out that it was a cop.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts