Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so i got a speeding ticket yesterday night the mothelover clocked me at 60 on a 45 really... SERIOUSLY at first thought he will give a warning i mean 15 over come on. I have M class which was the first thing he asked me. He was acting like a complete a$$hole. Took my driver license went in there took 10 minutes and came with the ticket. It was in the suburbs chicago Des Plaines area if anyone familliar. I think my record is clean i had a speeding ticket last year and went to traffic school and then another one last summer they gave supervision. I got pulled over earlier this May and the cop said it was clean thats why i really hoped for a warning this time. So he gave me a court date i was wondering what will happen if i dont show up ive heard from others that if u dont show up and go a month later the cop might not show up. Is this really true or is it all a myth??? Will the ticket get dismissed?? I really dont want to pay another $150 freakin cops and i dont wanna hire a laweyr cuz that will get expensive too. Another friend of mine suggested to go and try to talk to the officer but i didn't even get his name and cant find anywhere in the ticket like i said the guy was douche. Probably judged me that im a biker and just wanted to give me a ticket didnt wanna hear me out

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sounds like you were going 15 miles over the limit.

I would plead guilty with explanation. Go pay the fines. Hope to not get points.

Just not show? Don't they issue a FTA and bench warrant for that?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
So were you really speeding?

If you were then man up to it and pay the fine.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I'm gonna have to agree. Just pay the fine and be done with it. Last ticket I got was for going 44 in a 35. And I didn't even argue, if your speeding then your speeding

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forg
17,681 Posts
Also see if you can take the class so u don't get the points. That's 4 points I think in Michigan for wreck less driving

Sent via iPhone 4s

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Just not show? Don't they issue a FTA and bench warrant for that?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
I think they do after so much time has passed without any kind of contact.
Then in jail you get to meet that guy that won't ever forget :blow: !!!!!!

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Oh yeah, don't expect any kind sympathy from the peeps up in hea.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm gonna have to agree. Just pay the fine and be done with it. Last ticket I got was for going 44 in a 35. And I didn't even argue, if your speeding then your speeding

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Motorcycle.com Free App
You got a ticket for 9 over IDK where ur from but here in IL for 9 over most likel u'll get a warning or something i mean for 9 over I would rather fight it then just pay it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow guess i got the wrong crowd most of u sound like my mom whats the point of paying for something that goes over well over 100mph but only keep at speed limit all the time come on im not looking for sympathy i was going over 15 just was wondering how i can get away with it plus most of the comment are from texas looking for advice from someone in ILLINOIS who has deal with this before. I still think im right 15 over its not that big of a deal even the cops here in IL know this thats why he was so surprised when i pulled over.

·
Registered
714 Posts
1st mistake. speeding
2nd mistake.. expecting your going to get off
3rd mistake... thinking yo record is clean when you have previous records
4th mistake.... your mom giving birth to you

lulz im bored sorry bro.. but what kinda of gear were you wearing? are you ugly? presented yourself as a douche bag? cuz i got pulled over 60 in a 45.. didnt expect to get off. i havent had a ticket in 10 years, wore full gear... put on my sexay charm and i got off. tough luck bro dont speed unless youre sexy and you know it boom boomb booomb booom wiggle wiggle yeah, k bored again i apologize. ps dont call him an *******... if the cop gave me the ticket.. i would of accepted the consequences, end of story.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1st mistake. speeding
2nd mistake.. expecting your going to get off
3rd mistake... thinking yo record is clean when you have previous records
4th mistake.... your mom giving birth to you

lulz im bored sorry bro.. but what kinda of gear were you wearing? are you ugly? presented yourself as a douche bag? cuz i got pulled over 60 in a 45.. didnt expect to get off. i havent had a ticket in 10 years, wore full gear... put on my sexay charm and i got off. tough luck bro dont speed unless youre sexy and you know it boom boomb booomb booom wiggle wiggle yeah, k bored again i apologize. ps dont call him an *******... if the cop gave me the ticket.. i would of accepted the consequences, end of story.
...And someone here called me earlier the immature one .../whatever man dont have time for dbags like you i had my gear thats not the point what a kind of a guys thinks so much of himself i bet ur the F8kin UGlY one here. just saying u started it if u dont have any advice to give as what i asked when i posted this might as well not say anything especially when it makes u sound like a 18 year old retard thinkin he all cool cuz his parents bought him a bike that he most like shouldn't be on it before he does somethin stupid and injure someone

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
Just because you took a class and got off easy on the other tickets, doesn't mean the officer can't see that information on his screen when he looks up your info. You may have a clean record, point-wise, but they can still see every infraction you've made in the past.

The "What's the point of having this thing if you can't stretch it's legs..." argument is :retard:

No need to call that officer an a**hole either. You were the one who screwed up, he is only doing his job. Sure he could let you go, but you have a history of speeding in just the last year or two.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I feel for you cause I live on the southside of Chicago but it could have been worse. Every time I get pulled over Orland Park cops always ask me if I have weed and have even padded me down a bunch of times for no reason.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So what u all are saying im better off just paying the ticket,, since its my 3rd speeding ticket will i get a year supervision or a chance of traffic school again and will this affect my insurance at all

1 - 20 of 132 Posts