Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put clue led's in the gauges and hid's in today, everything was fine then i ran into a problem. while riding, mph went to zero and miles were not moving. i need to know what color the wire is for the mph and the color of the wire for the miles so i can know where to look when i take it back apart.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Pink/Green - speed sensor, the bike figures out distance travelled from speed (and time).

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks nico. What is a hid controller that is in your sig.?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
It stops the headlights from turning on until the engine is running. You use it to prevent hot re-striking of the HID globes.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i see. do i need that?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
There are a few ways of doing it, but IMO mine is one of the better ones :)

If you have HIDs then you will reduce their life span if you don't have something to control when they come on, could be a time delay relay, you can wire it to come on when the bike goes into gear the first time, you can also just put a switch in there... you just want to stop them coming on when you turn the bike on cause they turn off again briefly when you hit the start button... not enough time for them to cool back down before you take your thumb off the start switch and power is applied to them again.

Did that make sense?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea that mad sense. i just know if il be able to make that box or not. How much would you charge?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts