Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am not sure who would do this or why, but someone has stolen my speedo buttons, the reset and adjust ones. like just the rubber button itself, and i was wondering if there was some way i could get replacement ones anywhere at all? my hopes aren't too high about finding some, but i figured i'd ask. also if anyone has any ideas on how i could make some up or something feel free to share. thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's an available part from Honda. $1.72 at Ron Ayers, when I redid the "meter" (that's what Honda calls the gauges) I had to order the rubber buttons and their inserts. Hardest part was replacing them, have to take the whole gauge apart.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Bastards who would do such a heinous thing shame on them ...oh when you find the person do this:cursin::fyou::gun1:not necessarily in that order GL

·
Registered
205 Posts
Mine are also missing. The guy that had the bike before me said he accidentley blew them out with the pressure washer. I was thinking of finding an old tv remote that had similar style buttons and pull them out and use them.

Replacing them is not hard at all

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
You only need to take the cluster apart if you are replacing/installing the white inserts that go behind the rubber buttons.

On a side note mine hadn't worked since I bought the bike. When I took the cluster apart to install some switches, I found the white inserts were disconnected and just floating around inside the cluster. Snap them back on and it was good to go.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You only need to take the cluster apart if you are replacing/installing the white inserts that go behind the rubber buttons.

On a side note mine hadn't worked since I bought the bike. When I took the cluster apart to install some switches, I found the white inserts were disconnected and just floating around inside the cluster. Snap them back on and it was good to go.
Good to know only my reset button isn't clicking when pressed.I bet thats what happened.

Sent from LG-G2X

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
same thing for my rr, I am also missing the thing that goes behind the rubber thing, is it hard to take apart the cluster?
The part behind the rubber thing falls out of place. It's not hard to take apart. You can take it apart and glue that pesky piece of plastic into place.

I did, but I'm afraid some of the superglue got on the button contact so it doesn't work now anyways :crackup:

So try not to use super glue, I'd suggest hot glue or something other than super glue.

You have nothing to worry about if you follow that one piece of advice, good luck!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
The part behind the rubber thing falls out of place. It's not hard to take apart. You can take it apart and glue that pesky piece of plastic into place.

I did, but I'm afraid some of the superglue got on the button contact so it doesn't work now anyways :crackup:

So try not to use super glue, I'd suggest hot glue or something other than super glue.

You have nothing to worry about if you follow that one piece of advice, good luck!
I did the same thing on mine however glue on the contract shouldn't be a problem because the contract is actually underneath a piece of copper. My buttons have a tendency to stick and it's not the glue because it has long since dried. Give it a quick flick and it should be good.

·
Registered
130 Posts
When I picked my rr up, It was missing the rubber push button part. Its $12 on bike bandit shipped, and I used old pen tubes to replace the white actuators behind it. All in all, it works perfectly and you can never tell its not stock!

·
Registered
50 Posts

Wish I had of known that, I did the same thing.

Ive been looking for a smashed cluster to pull the buttons out of for quite a while, but its not the easiest thing to do. Anyone have any ideas how to get just the buttons inside??

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Wish I had of known that, I did the same thing.

Ive been looking for a smashed cluster to pull the buttons out of for quite a while, but its not the easiest thing to do. Anyone have any ideas how to get just the buttons inside??
yea, I was actually very careful, and got the superglue on the buttons only and pressed them on, but you know superglue goes airborne. Like if you put a cold glass cup near it you can see it condense on it, I'm sure that's what happened. :cursin:

·
Registered
50 Posts
yeah thats what happened to mine probably. If anyone has a smashed cluster, stuff the buttons, the rubber piece on the front and the white plastic pieces in a envelope and mail it to me haha, il paypal you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i tried the Ron Ayers website, but they won't ship me anything cause I live in Canada and they don't recognize my postal code. I was wondering if someone would be able to order them for me and then ship them to me in Canada, and I can pay you through PayPal? PM me

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.