Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My speedo aint working anymore. I was splicing my tail light wires and started to twist them together, then i turned the ignition on and all was sweet. Then the wires touched each other and my speedo went blank. I turned it off and on and nothing happens, back light, fuel metre, and everything else on the little lcd screen is gone. But the clock is still there and the hiss light too. Did i short circuit something?!?! what can i do to fix this problem......

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are the fuse kept on the left side under a little flip black box? Wouldnt the whole cluster not work if it was the fuse? But the clock, hiss light and the indicator signals, high beam are still working. Also my tail light is dead. Is it possible to blow the LEDs in the tail light? I'll still give it a shot and let you know if all goes well or not.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
you def. blew the fuse under the left fairing. i belive its a 10amp fuse. the 3rd or 4th one. i've blown it maybe 5 times playing with my plate lights. make sure you twist the right wires together and wrap them in electrical tape so the pos and neg don't touch eachother.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts