Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a article written or a site that shows facts that our speedo have errors, and proves that we're not going the speed that is shown on the speedo?
i want to use it for a ticket i got last year.
thanks

L

·
0 Posts
have a cop radar you or check it on a dyno machine and have them verify the mph difference of the speedo and the actual mph.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Isn't there a law or something that says that speedometers are allowed to have a + - 10% error? I know that All of the Airforce 2001+ F-350's and 99+ chevy 3500's are off because we track them with GPS and they're sometimes as far as 8 MPH off.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The error is typically a percentage of indicated speed, not a fixed amount. On motorcycles, your actual speed being 10% less than the indicated speed would not be uncommon.

Easiest way to determine the error yourself would be to use a portable GPS unit.

Just curious, how are you going to use this info to fight a ticket?

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
kt157 said:
is there a article written or a site that shows facts that our speedo have errors, and proves that we're not going the speed that is shown on the speedo?
i want to use it for a ticket i got last year.
thanks
Make sure to check on that first. Here in GA if you get a ticket and then argue that your speedometer was wrong sometimes they will take off the speeding fine but give you a driving with faulty equipment fine as well if not just tack it on and it costs even more.....found that out the hard way. :banghead:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts