Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
A little Update I took the front cal off and everything seems to be connected ok checked everything around. I finally got it to flash the code. Code 11 which is vehicle speed sensor I believe? Where is this little fucker at?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm pretty sure honda actually put the speed sensor on the crank and then uses the ECU to calculate your road speed. There is a connector on the engine case that may have come loose or maybe recessed a pin. I'm not sure where it is on an 08 but take a look around you might find something.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had the exact same symptoms and my mechanic confirmed that the speed sensor was bad. Order one up now thought because mine is on backorder till the end of the month.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey
I'm having similar problem,
My rpms work but no speed.
I tested the 2 wires and I have voltage, the middle wire pink with green. Where does it go.

I noticed that at the speedo harness I have 1 cable unplugged going nowhere. And it's the pink with green anyone know where this goes?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Your pink / green wire is the speed signal wire, without it you wont have a speedo. where abouts on the speedo harness has it come out? at the sensor? at the plug?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts