Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Hey what % of correction were you guys getting on your drd's? I cant seem to get mine dialed in quite right...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sorry if this sounds noob, but what if I don't have a GPS? Is there an alternative method to calibrating the unit instead of GPS? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Sorry if this sounds noob, but what if I don't have a GPS? Is there an alternative method to calibrating the unit instead of GPS? Thanks.
try to find a speed sign...works for quick guess..

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hey what % of correction were you guys getting on your drd's? I cant seem to get mine dialed in quite right...

wat do u all got done to ur gearing? is it stock or did u change it? after that go to the link i posted in the first post and calibrate it from there... i did the maximum percentage from stock i think it was 4 or 5 % but mine was 17.5% off and it is dead accurate to the gps any other ?'s lmk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks, followed this for an easy setup. On the 08 the most obvious connector is the fuel pump. You have to feel around a little for the speed sensor. Used the on line calculator with the 5% correction and speedo is dead on with GPS up to 80MPH.

·
Registered
92 Posts
thanks for the post, it really helped me out... just installed mine, whattabitch! also there's like no cord left... if you're reading this 12 o'clock labs, make it longer!

·
Registered
174 Posts
+1. The 07s up you don't need to remove the fairings. I did my 06 and lifted the tank to do it, in hindsight i MIGHT of not had to do it. But on my GFs 07 it was a piece of cake.
FWIW these are super accurate. I got a ram mount and stuck my phone on it with a GPS app and calibrated both bikes. The speed is VERY accurate considering your taking out all speedo error as well.
High quality product I just wish i didnt have to wait so long for it!

·
Registered
397 Posts
^^ 2008
space was pretty tight to be honest. doable without fairings, but took quite a bit of two finger manipulation of the connectors. All good tho.

Don't use correction tables. Sure they account for the gear change, but don't address the already existing speedo error. Skip it and go straight with the GPS method. I have no choice by to do it with an iPhone on level ground.

I will post what my speedo error was tonight for reference. Then you can use the correction tables a bit better.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
^^ 2008
space was pretty tight to be honest. doable without fairings, but took quite a bit of two finger manipulation of the connectors. All good tho.

Don't use correction tables. Sure they account for the gear change, but don't address the already existing speedo error. Skip it and go straight with the GPS method. I have no choice by to do it with an iPhone on level ground.

I will post what my speedo error was tonight for reference. Then you can use the correction tables a bit better.
Awesome.

I need to order mine and install it, calibration won't come until Spring though of course.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts