Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed -1+1 sprockets, new chain, and SpeedoDRD. Did the setup -10.4% was my calculation. Then went for a ride and got a little spirited and looked at Speedo and it was reading 0. So watched it and Speedo goes 99-1-0 and stays at 0 anything over 100. To add to it which is more concerning the engine light and hesd light lit up. So I babied it home and shut it off turned the ignition back on to see if it would throw a code but it didn't. The lights aren't on any more. Started up, rode fine. 3.71M is the number on the SpeedoDRD.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Did you test your DRD setup? Your percentage is off, according to the thread below, if you did -1/+1 = 8.4%. That may not be the issue, but maybe you setup your DRD incorrectly. Also don't forget to make sure you entered it as a POSITIVE number in the DRD Speedo. I think the light should be green when setting up.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=197810

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you test your DRD setup? Your percentage is off, according to the thread below, if you did -1/+1 = 8.4%. That may not be the issue, but maybe you setup your DRD incorrectly. Also don't forget to make sure you entered it as a POSITIVE number in the DRD Speedo. I think the light should be green when setting up.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=197810
At 50mph riding side by side w/ a buddy I was indicating 48mph. I had to use negative 10.4% based off their website calculator. Under 100mph it works fine. Over is the problem and through some more research that's what threw the HESD light being it wasn't reading speed any longer.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Ok. You did the percentage method. That's very weird how it's not working above 100 mph. I just installed mine, so I need to see what it does this weekend at the track.

Hopefully someone else can chime in, or maybe contact the manufacturer.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I forgot how I did it, but one tip I have is download an app on your phone to tell you the speed and double side tape your phone to you tank, Much easier then having to rely on someone else

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Contacted 12 O'clock Labs on Sunday. Didn't expect a response with the holiday, but they did respond!! Amazing Customer Service! Got the new unit today. Installed no issues and sending back the other one in tomorrow's mail. Speedy resolution. Very easy to deal with. If your looking to correct your speedometer look into the SpeedoDRD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts