Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 520 conversion kit for my 08 600rr and I added 10 teeth to the rear sprocket (the front is the same). I'm curious, how far off will the mileage be with the new sprockets? I don't know much about the device, but I'm also assuming my speed will be off as well.

Please advise.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been doing some more reading and it's definitely worth the money. I know a few guys solder their wires in - is that required or just a recommended option? I found a couple posts with instructions which should help!

Thanks for the advice though.

**Yah, if you put on new sprockets your speedometer and odometer will be affected.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
a 520 kit wont change your speedo... but adding or losing teeth on the sprockets will change it.. if you keep the same teeth sprockets youll be fine

·
Registered
962 Posts
Speedometers are off from the factory, if you have a stock bike it will fix it but its not far enough to really worry about it. If you plan on changing your gearing i'd say get one. The price can only go up nowadays

·
Registered
818 Posts
Right-e-o thanks guys. I meant by 520 the whole thing. So I am -1+2 what is that going to do to my mileage? Up? Or Down?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your new gearing isn't going to have a significant effect, but mine certainly will. I have a 52 rear (+10) and a friend of mine did the same on his 08. His speed is at least 10mph off (estimated, not accurate) and his odometer will also be off. With a -1/+2 I'm not sure how significant the change will be, but I doubt it's serious. Although if you plan on selling your bike in the future the speedohealer is worth it.

Can anybody give me a good install link? I found a few but I want to make sure I do this perfectly right. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
with +10 youll be racking up miles so fast you'll be wondering WTF.

iirc, when i went -1 +2 i think every 100 miles shown was actually like 85 miles. That starts to add up quick after a few weekends of riding.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts