Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I was driving my bike to school and everything was working fine, fuel primed, speedometer worked fine. I parked it went to class and then came to my bike. The gauges worked fine, the fuel, the revs, and the increasing decreasing speed animation was working fine. However, when I started driving the bike the speedometer wasn't working it just stayed at 0mph.

Along with this, about 10 miles into my commute back home my oil pressure light randomly comes on along with the FI so I pulled over and turned off my bike to see if anything went wrong. Everything seemed normal so I turn the bike back on and the FI and Oil light goes off and doesnt come back on for the rest of the ride.

Has anyone ever had this issue and what might the fix be? Thanks. :banghead:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 2003 600RR with 26000 miles. I did a coolant change and an oil change about 3 months ago and that's about it. The previous owner did install an integrated tail light and turn signals but that's about i . I haven't had any problems until yesterday. Thank .

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Check the wiring on the speed sensor first.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would you be able to point me out to where it is? Or possibly even take a picture. If I recall its is somewhere near the shift lever correct? What should I be looking for. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
There's also a pink wire on the upper right side of the bike that if unplugged will make your speedo stay at 0. It may have come unplugged or may be bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts