Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was riding yesterday about a minute into it I noticed the red mil light came on and the speedometer wasn't working. All it did was read out zero. So I went back home looked it over and then started it again. The mil light doesn't flash a code but speedometer just reads zero still. I took fairing off and checked fuses on left side and under the seat. All the fuses are good none needed to be replaced. I was going to replace the speed sensor but was going to try to take it off and clean the connectors first and replug it in to see what happens. Does anyone else have any suggestions as to what I should do?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
*What year is your bike.
*Are you the first owner?
*How many miles?
*How long have you had it?
*Do you have a picture so we can see what you're talking about.
*Has the bike been down recently?
*Have you unplugged the headlights/turn signals recently?
*Have you installed any mods recently?

I doubt the speed sensor went bad, let us know, then we (forum) can help you troubleshoot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*What year is your bike.
*Are you the first owner?
*How many miles?
*How long have you had it?
*Do you have a picture so we can see what you're talking about.
*Has the bike been down recently?
*Have you unplugged the headlights/turn signals recently?
*Have you installed any mods recently?

I doubt the speed sensor went bad, let us know, then we (forum) can help you troubleshoot.

It is a 2003 Honda CBR 600rr I just bought it last Saturday. It's in great condition with no performance mods. Looks like it has been well taken care of. It has 18K miles . The bike has never been down atleast not by me and it doesn't show that it has. The headlights were changed sometime before I owned the bike. The previous owner installed HIDs. No pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I took all the fairing off last night and the cluster. I looked at all the connectors and everything seemed fine. I am going to take out the speed sensor and clean it up to make sure it's getting good contact in the connection. What is the best way to take off the gas tank? Any other suggestions guys??

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
I had the same bike... That plug is a pain in the a$$... (on the back of the speedo)

Sometimes it just won't conect tighlty showing strange behaviours...

After cleaning everything, try plugging it strongly... if it doesn't work move it a little bit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took off the speedo and cleaned it as well. It wasn't really dirty. However it still doesn't work... What's the best way to get to the speed sensor?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Remove the tank cover. Remove the two bolts that go through the frame and into the sides of the tank. Grab the tank up at the top and lift, it will hinge back to the rear of the bike. The speed sensor is straight down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts