Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else feel like their speedo reads fast?? I live in atlanta and when driving on 285 at 90, im barely passing people!! This would make more since if I was doing 80. Didn't know if anyone could shed some light on this subject. Are the bikes intentionally set that way to help prevent people from riding too fast?? If so, how do i calibrate it to the correct speed?? Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
First amke sure your in MPH not KPH or the other way around if your in canada. And yes teh speedo is off a certain %. I was doing 80 acording to my speedo and my gps put me at 77.5 so yes it's a little off. Nothign is really going to help. If u get a speedo healer your going to have to set it for a certain speed. At that speed it will be 100% correct if u can get it exact. then the further you go away from teh number the more your speedo will be off.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that sucks.....if the speedo isnt going to be correct out of the factory....whats the point in having it at all????

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
It's all math. Old tech was to have a cable down to your front wheel. Now it has a pick up on your engine. Well your tires wear as you ride so the distance your bike goes with one turn of your bike will be further on new tires then older tires because as the tire wears it gets smaller. Now your speedo is off. Depends on what tires you buy and their profile. Sprockets will also change your speed. With a cable speedo your front tire will still spin at the correct speed so no adjustment will be needed. On the new type it's all in the computer so you have to get a box to feed it new math to correct for this.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
I did not know that, thanks Marshall... Learn somethin new every day..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts