Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I need some help...the other day the fuel pump wouldn't prime at all when I turned on the ignition, and I "fixed" that by charging the battery.

Today, I went to class and on the way I noticed that the speedometer doesn't run, it just reads 0 the whole time. I don't know if I went more than a mile, but the odometer also looks like it's stuck at 5187. The tachometer works, fuel gauge works, clock works, temperature gauge works, so what could be the problem? And how do I fix it? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would that affect the odometer as well?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Check your fuses first, There is a 10amp fuse (fuse C in the FSM) that is on the circuit for the speedo sensor as well as the cluster. If the rest of your cluster works, it is probably not your problem, but checking your fuses is an easy thing to do before you spend money on anything else.

*edit* I was looking at the FSM for an 03-06, but nonetheless check your fuses

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha i'm stupid...didn't connect the speedometer wire back up after charging up the battery and putting the fuel tank back in place. thanks guys!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Im having this problem on my 09. everything is plugged in and fuses are fine. I've checked and double checked most everything and have no idea what could be causing it. If it ist reading the sensor will this cause long term problems besides wrong milage? Im assuming it could throw off my PCV. Could it? There isnt an FI code up or anything.

·
Registered
368 Posts
If it ist reading the sensor will this cause long term problems besides wrong milage?
Im assuming it could throw off my PCV. Could it?
a) No. Well, nothing besides speeding tickets for not knowing how fast you were going.

b) I doubt it. The PCV reads gear and revs, not speed. You'll be fine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Im having this problem on my 09. everything is plugged in and fuses are fine. I've checked and double checked most everything and have no idea what could be causing it. If it ist reading the sensor will this cause long term problems besides wrong milage? Im assuming it could throw off my PCV. Could it? There isnt an FI code up or anything.

I'm in your boat...... exactly the same problem! did you get yours fixed?

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have a similar problem

my speedometer sometimes work and sometimes it just read 0 and then i works again

what could be the problem? also after i turn off my bike the trip mileage thing resets

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
connect that white connector with the pink wire. its on the right side separated but hidden with the big grey connector on the upper right side of the bike.
^^^^^^^^^
:+1::iamwith::drunk:

see this pic?
look to the right where the connectors are.
theres a pink wire with green dots goint to a white connector.
this pink/grn wire - white connector is for your speed and mileage.
if disconnected you wont get speed or mileage.
its really easy to forget to connect that connector.

disclaimer - pic borrowed from impostor71

·
Registered
71 Posts
Have you gone through all the things mentioned? Small white connector, fuses, etc.?
Going to this week. I just wanted to make sure the connectors were on the same side as the one in the picture. Don't want to take off my fairings for nothing. They are ghetto rigged on. Lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well I took my fairings off tonight and traced the speed sensor wire and they all seemed to be connected. I figured the fuse weren't blown because the gauge still cycles when I turn it on. The only thing that isn't working on the cluster is the speedometer.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Well I took my fairings off tonight and traced the speed sensor wire and they all seemed to be connected. I figured the fuse weren't blown because the gauge still cycles when I turn it on. The only thing that isn't working on the cluster is the speedometer.
This is from the 07+ manual but I figured you could be similar.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts