Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am new to this site. I have a '03 600 RR that I recently purchased with 4800 miles on it. I laid it down on the left side lightly and a couple of days after that the speedometer is stuck on 12 mph. It has been that way for a couople of weeks now. I have checked all of the fuses on the left mid fairing and they are good. I have also disconnected the batery cables and reconnected them to try and reset everything. Any ideas on how to fix this? I do not think that it was the lay down that caused this problem as it was working right for a few days at least before this started.

Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
you probably get a piched connector some where
or the cluster connector itself got damaged
how are the other fuctions of the cluster working
or not

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
moeman said:
you probably get a piched connector some where
or the cluster connector itself got damaged
how are the other fuctions of the cluster working
or not
Everything else on the cluster works perfectly.

Thanks,

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
ok according to the manual
system iinspection
check for loose or poor contact terminal at the combination
meter multi-connector & sub harness 12p ( pin ) connector
turn the ignition switch ON check that the techometer needle move to
full sacle and then return to zero IF the needle does not shoiw initial function
check the combination meter power input line which goes as follows

power input line
measure the voltage between the black/brown wire terminal (+)and bodg ground (-)
there should be battery voltage with the ignition switch on
IF ther is no voltage checjk the sub fuse 10A & black /brown wire for a loose connection or an open circuit

Back up voltage line
measure the voltage between the red/ greenwire terminal (+)and body ground (-)
there should be battery voltage at all times
If there is no voltage check the sub fuse 10A and red/ green wire for a losse connection or an open circuit

Ground line
measure the continunity between the green wire terminal ( +) and body ground (-)
there should be continuity if there is no continuity check for open circuit in green wire
best of luck man i really hope this helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
moeman.

thanks so much for all the help. i really appreciate it! ill be troubleshooting it tomorrow. thanks again!
peace.

·
Registered
429 Posts
mantooth, it could also be that the speed sensor has gone faulty. Try disconnecting it, it's located underneath the tank basically ontop of the gearbox. I disconnected mine a while ago because I was finding the speed on the track very distracting and now mine always shows zero. So what I'm thinking is that if it's gone faulty and you disconnect it and then the speed shows zero then it's definitely that sensor. Otherwise you need to look elsewhere.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
:icon_salu Rhino
Thanks for the extra pointers bro :icon_salu

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rhino said:
mantooth, it could also be that the speed sensor has gone faulty. Try disconnecting it, it's located underneath the tank basically ontop of the gearbox. I disconnected mine a while ago because I was finding the speed on the track very distracting and now mine always shows zero. So what I'm thinking is that if it's gone faulty and you disconnect it and then the speed shows zero then it's definitely that sensor. Otherwise you need to look elsewhere.
thanks rhino! could you possibly post a picture of where i could unplug that sensor?? sounds like this could be the answer...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OlDirtyRobb said:
That's cool, if you get pulled over for goin 125mph, and the cop asks do you know how fast you were goin?? Yeah, 12!
haha! thats good. i like that. i might just leave this problem alone!!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Put it up on blocks, put it in reverse and then sit down with your girlfriend and emjoy...
Oh wait, wrong movie....LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts