Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I purchased a used 2009 600rr with "only" 1400 miles to discover after changing the oil that the speedometer isn't working.

The bike is super clean but we can't figure out why the speedo isn't working. While the bike was on stands/in gear we moved wires connected to the speed sensor and the speedo suddenly started working, then moved them again and it stopped, disconnected/reconnected the speed sensor and it had no effect. The speedo hasn't worked since that one brief moment when it did.

Replaced the speed sensor with a brand new one and no difference, checked all the wiring connections under the tank and up on the right side of the bike near the gauge cluster, and lastly checked the fuses. Everything seems fine but we reseated all the connections to make sure it was just a bad or weak connection.

At this point the only thing that hasn't been done is pull the front plastics off and check the connections to the gauge cluster itself.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or advice on things that I can check?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured out the issue, apparently a fuse that didn't visibly appear to be blown, was blown.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Figured out the issue, apparently a fuse that didn't visibly appear to be blown, was blown.
I have almost the same problem as you had. Is that fuse under the seat or inline somewhere?

·
Registered
433 Posts
you sir, have a short to ground somewhere. the fact that you moved wires and the speedo started momentarily working is a clear sign of this. the fuse will be a temporary fix until it shorts out again and pops the new fuse. with the new fuse in, wiggle the wires again and see what happens. if it pops, start peeling back tape and find your short

1 - 4 of 4 Posts