Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Superbikes on speedtv, did you get to see the SERIES PREMIERE and what did you think.

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Superbikes on speedtv, did you get to see the SERIES PREMIERE and what did you think.

1. was an inovative attempt.
2. Already added it to Tivo.
3. Hated it.
4. Have an even lower impression of Nascar Oh Speedtv.
5. Has some good merits, other MC culture, on board cameras etc.
6. Now I know where to not go in the Bay Area.
7. Cant wait for the next episode

·
Registered
860 Posts
Total junk. The only positive was at least Jason Britton wore gear, which all the pics I've ever seen of him is the case. Otherwise he seemed really dissinterested, and the people they showed portrayed bikers to be total scum.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I missed it, but I see there are alot of haters on here, what are you gonna do when stuntin becomes an X-Game event (which is in the making and supposed to happen in the near future) and blows up like freestyle MX. Are you gonna be mad when Stunting totally kills superbike racing ratings. I like the racing, but most people find Stunting a little more entertaining than watching the bikes go around in a circle. I think this was SPeed channels attempt to be the first with a Show about stuntin before it goes mainstream.

·
Registered
526 Posts
By the way I like any show that has anything to do with motorcycles. The more the better!

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I saw the previews the other day on speed.. I had better thing to do with my time..
The show looks like total crap from the previews..

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Total squid-city with Superbikes. If you thought we had a bad reputation with the general public now, wait til this show makes its rounds, and it gives justification to the lawmakers and insurance companies to keep rubbing our noses in the dirt. SpeedTV just glorified squdliness on national TV.

·
Registered
268 Posts
cmon, superbike tv is whack... go to a bikenight if you want to see that stuff.. its always better in person. mainstream sucks :(

·
Registered
763 Posts
Even more irritating is that the “HONDA CBR600RR” was featured as the weapon of choice (or something like that) for urban hooliganism. He mentiond something about his Suzuki being locked up.
What a great message.

·
Registered
268 Posts
how many noobs are going to go out and get them selfs killed because of this show....

·
Registered
101 Posts
i saw it, it was sad to see them doing all that stuff on streets, with the cameras on them. I honestly preffered greg white inside line, lol, he wouldve shown what happened in moto gp. I am a fan of all that stuntin, i mean i think you have to have a lot of skill to even attempt that craziness, but i think they portrayed it improperly. I think they made it seem as if its "ok" and "you should" be doing all these things on the road with traffic. Ill watch the show to see those crazy stunts they do cause i do like them, but i know better than to be trying them myself. I do hope the show offers more than just stunts however...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I recorded I'll watch it tonight but from the sound of it maybe I should pass on watching it. As far as the comment about insurance going up. Insurance Companies already know about it so thats why our rates are already higher then they used to be. Every day there are more and more drivers and that meanst that there will be more and more accidents and stupid people driving/riding that shouldn't. Its for that reason that insurance will always be going up. Its just a good thing that insurance companies reward you by charging you less the longer you are with them and the fewer incidents you have. Thats just my 2¢

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
gcode3000 said:
I like the racing, but most people find Stunting a little more entertaining than watching the bikes go around in a circle.
go around in a circle??? gp circuits are all BUT a circle.

i probably know "what you meant", but most obviously you haven't watched the GP season at all this year. Mugello was amazing, as has been much of the season. An AMERICAN is leading the champ points!!!

I don't really care for going 5mph holding a spinning wheelie, or a 60mph wh00lie sittin on the tank.
But the rush of seeing the 250 horsepower GP bikes trying to brake from 200mph on the straight at Mugello to San Donato (turn 1, 50mph) is awe-inspiring.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
mixed feelings about the show for me....
gonna have to see what lies ahead and
see where they take this!

both worlds have gotten my attention!
i do enjoy watching stunting here and there.
but im more into watching the racing (circuit) and street
riding (canyon/twisties) side of the motorcycle world.

·
Registered
237 Posts
And people wonder why Insurance is high.

gcode3000 said:
I missed it, but I see there are alot of haters on here, what are you gonna do when stuntin becomes an X-Game event (which is in the making and supposed to happen in the near future) and blows up like freestyle MX. Are you gonna be mad when Stunting totally kills superbike racing ratings. I like the racing, but most people find Stunting a little more entertaining than watching the bikes go around in a circle. I think this was SPeed channels attempt to be the first with a Show about stuntin before it goes mainstream.
Yeah and then everyone is out dropping their bikes and Insurance rate go even higher...

·
Registered
228 Posts
an american wins a motogp race and he can't even get 1 minute on the show... it'd be sad if speed TV thinks all sport bike riders are only interested in "biker boyz".

·
Registered
113 Posts
WTF SPEED ?

This show had so much promise and failed miserably. No one gives a crap about who fights who and how long you have to ride to join THE BROKEN DOWN BIKER CLUB.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts