Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Superbikes on speedtv, did you get to see the SERIES PREMIERE and what did you think.

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Beyond sucking at this point. SUPERBIKES on Speed is equivalent to what Snoop Dog does for children on Sesame Street.

·
What ever its supposed to be....
907 Posts
gcode3000 said:
I missed it, but I see there are alot of haters on here, what are you gonna do when stuntin becomes an X-Game event (which is in the making and supposed to happen in the near future) and blows up like freestyle MX. Are you gonna be mad when Stunting totally kills superbike racing ratings. I like the racing, but most people find Stunting a little more entertaining than watching the bikes go around in a circle. I think this was SPeed channels attempt to be the first with a Show about stuntin before it goes mainstream.
I highly doubt that stunting will ever have anything to do with racing ratings. Two different demographics, although they may touch a bit. Racers and stunters in general just seem to have different priorities and values. The next time I feel like going to the circus, but don't want to sit in a tent, I'll go watch some stunters. :bootyshak :toothy6:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yeah, they should have called it "Stunta TV". I never have or want anything to do with being a stunta. There is a place for it and they have skills, but condoning it by making a series out of it will beat the motorcycling community even more, if that's possible. The warning posted at the beginning of the show said it all. Total crap...

·
Registered
113 Posts
The only way this show can rebound and gain any credit is if they do stories about the radom local highways that are frequented by good riders. ie, Palomar mtn, CA, Ortega Hwy, CA, Dragons Tail etc etc. Even an occasional track from time to time.

·
Registered
113 Posts
As long as there are motorcycles there will be stunts, point taken. To say that "Stunting is the future" is plain retarded. As long as Moto Gp and Superbikes have intermission between races, stunting has a future. When I see a squid performing a standup wheelie on the freeway doing about 90MPH, I wont say Im not awe'd. Then my maturity sets in and think what a Jack AZZ to jeapodize the safety of people around him. Whats not to say he loses control and the bike tears apart into 2 or three pieces that rocket into passing by cars. I dont think you would want to be the guy who caused emergency personnel to pull a motorcycle engine block out of the lap of some ones daughter, mother, sister, or grandmother. Ill stick to the corners of local mountain roads.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'm interested to see how they handle the episode at Deal's Gap (they were filming there a couple weeks ago). If they show a bunch of knee-dragging and spinning it up out of the turns it will be just as image-damaging as the stunters in San Fran. The local non-biker crowd already has a dim view of the bikes on the dragon so the show could make it worse.

·
Registered
881 Posts
"
gcode3000 said:
I missed it, but I see there are alot of haters on here, what are you gonna do when stuntin becomes an X-Game event (which is in the making and supposed to happen in the near future) and blows up like freestyle MX. Are you gonna be mad when Stunting totally kills superbike racing ratings. "

What am I gonna do? NOT WATCH that crap either. Stuntin' is kinda cool to watch live in person, FOR LIKE 15 MINUTES, that's all I can take for a few years.

·
Registered
113 Posts
At least motorcycle racing will constantly change from race to race. How different is one wheelie to the next. It will never be a mainstream sport in the U.S. due to the fact that Nascar is becoming the #1 watch sporting event. Do you really think Billy Bob and his girlfriend(sister) is going to understand anything technical with right and left turns. Hell let alone understanding the Brittish commentators, Jed has a hard enough time with their own language. (No knock on people named Jed or Billy Bob. Dont blame me blame your mom and dad.)

·
Registered
250 Posts
LewisJ said:
As long as there are motorcycles there will be stunts, point taken. To say that "Stunting is the future" is plain retarded. As long as Moto Gp and Superbikes have intermission between races, stunting has a future. When I see a squid performing a standup wheelie on the freeway doing about 90MPH, I wont say Im not awe'd. Then my maturity sets in and think what a Jack AZZ to jeapodize the safety of people around him. Whats not to say he loses control and the bike tears apart into 2 or three pieces that rocket into passing by cars. I dont think you would want to be the guy who caused emergency personnel to pull a motorcycle engine block out of the lap of some ones daughter, mother, sister, or grandmother. Ill stick to the corners of local mountain roads.
ok lets see i jeapardize the safety of people when i am going 10 mph in a empty parking lot but then you must help the world some how by going fast around the corners of your local mountain roads. :jerkit: what a hipicrit..

·
Registered
996 Posts
ILLstunter said:
ok lets see i jeapardize the safety of people when i am going 10 mph in a empty parking lot but then you must help the world some how by going fast around the corners of your local mountain roads. :jerkit: what a hipicrit..
I think the point was the riders in the show weren't in an empty parking lot. They were on (sometimes busy) city streets, in traffic. Their blatant disregard for others safety creates a negative image of us (all sportbikers) to the non-riding public which will eventually lead to you being chased out of the empty parking lot you are stunting in.

This thread is not about stunters vs. canyon riders or racers. If they show a bunch of squids blasting through the twisties, passing on the double yellow, etc. it will do just as much to damage our public image as the first episode with urban stunters did.

In my note to SpeedTV about the show I suggested they sponsor a stunt series and televise it - keeping the stunting in a controlled area and off the streets. That would appeal to the stunter crowd without making bikers look like criminals. I personally wouldn't watch a stunting show on TV, but I don't watch the V-twin show with the big-boobed lady either - cruisers and stunting aren't my thing.

·
Registered
250 Posts
i see your point.. the thing people have to realize is that motorcycle will never be that clean cut form of expression.. we as bikers will always have the long hair. tattoo . get drunk and fight stereotype. people just need to stop putting the blame on stunters. people see a wheelie and think i am going to kill them but then they pay no attention to the crusier that just went by at 80 mph weaving in and out of traffic with no helmet and a wife beater on. people fear what they don't understand.

·
Registered
275 Posts
ILLstunter said:
i see your point.. the thing people have to realize is that motorcycle will never be that clean cut form of expression.. we as bikers will always have the long hair. tattoo . get drunk and fight stereotype. people just need to stop putting the blame on stunters. people see a wheelie and think i am going to kill them but then they pay no attention to the crusier that just went by at 80 mph weaving in and out of traffic with no helmet and a wife beater on. people fear what they don't understand.
Just because there are other people out there doing dangerous things, doesn't make your wheelies ok to do in public. An empty parking lot or some rarely traveled back road is a different story. Stunt away when it doesn't involve hurting other people. The people you are refering to that hate on stunters instead of cruisers can be encouraged to change if they happen to see someone on a fast sport bike, being responsible. If most drivers started to ride this way instead of being bitter and dicking around, we might have a better name for ourselves.

·
Registered
113 Posts
HEY LIL before you call me a hipocrite you may want to re read my post. I never mentioned anything about stunting in secluded parking lots, and the show SUPERBIKES didnt show the law abiding, responsible side of stunters. My complaint is that it encouraged the irresponsible sides of what it is you do. There are jack as-ses on both sides of the fence, and Im sure you can make the same argument about some streetbiker passing on a double yellow just to get into a tight corner and highsiding. Its all the same wrecklessness.

·
Registered
912 Posts
i thought it sucked too

BUT

did you see him rock that stock RR on the slow wheelies and rolling burnouts...Jason Briton has some skills.

·
Registered
309 Posts
gcode3000 said:
I missed it, but I see there are alot of haters on here, what are you gonna do when stuntin becomes an X-Game event (which is in the making and supposed to happen in the near future) and blows up like freestyle MX. Are you gonna be mad when Stunting totally kills superbike racing ratings. I like the racing, but most people find Stunting a little more entertaining than watching the bikes go around in a circle. I think this was SPeed channels attempt to be the first with a Show about stuntin before it goes mainstream.
Your kidding right??? Superbikes dont go around in circles, flat track and ice racers do!

·
Registered
157 Posts
RRdvark said:
but I don't watch the V-twin show with the big-boobed lady either - cruisers and stunting aren't my thing.
hahaha
I was flipping through the channels one time and stopped on that show and the "big-boobed lady" was on, my wife walks by and asked if they were selling bikes or boobs? :laughing5

Troy

21 - 40 of 57 Posts