Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from crash.net

Reigning double AMA Superbike champion Ben Spies was denied his planned chance to test a Rizla Suzuki GSV-R at Sepang on Monday, due to torrential rain.

The American had spent the Malaysian weekend observing Suzuki's team in action, and should then have joined some of the world championship regulars during Monday's test.

However, heavy rain wrecked his hopes. Spies waited patiently in the pits, where he was pictured reading a crime thriller by James Patterson, but conditions only marginally improved in the afternoon and he was forced to call it quits.

Spies was rumoured to have a slim chance of riding as a wild-card in the season-ending Valencian Grand Prix on November 4, depending on the outcome of the test.

2006 MotoGP world champion Nicky Hayden, a former AMA Superbike champion, plus Suzuki regular Chris Vermeulen were the only riders seen to brave the rain.

K

·
0 Posts
That's because the both have nothing to loose. it would deffinitely help cool Hayden down. that man has to be outright pissed at honda. maybe he went out to clear his head or get away from Pedrosa.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Well, Hayden sunk himself in the race yesterday, outbraking himself in that turn into the gravel. He has no one to blame but himself. Either way, the positives in the "what if" column was that he had a pretty good rhythm and set some scorching laps! He didn't need to get away from Pedrosa. He wasn't even in the paddock choosing to stay away. By the way, did you catch Hayden's wide fairing 212? It looked weird.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hmmmm, I like Spies a little better now that I know he reads James Patterson, that guy has some good books.

Also, although I am also not a Nicky fan, the one thing I will give him is he works hard...I have read several articles that say he always puts in a ton of laps and usually practices longer than anyone else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts