Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking of changing sprockets ft&rear what is the best combo for a daily driver i was thinking -1/+2 what kind of gas milage diffrence can be expected and how bad will it throw of the speedo &will it work on stock lenth chain sorry for all the questions but im sure someone knows the answers thanks

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
IMO, not worth it...Looking for more torque? Speedo will be off by an additional 10-15 MPH (average). Engine revs higher and works harder on frwy. Added miles on odometer (brings down value) and loss of gas mileage. Again, for a daily rider, just not worth it for the extra torque...just my .02

With that being said...I think most either do a -1 or +2 (not both). Best to replace chain.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I have a 520 conversion kit on mine. It wheelies better and i like it. I track my bike as well and i dont really know anyone who hasnt been happy with the 520, lighter chain so corners are better, im only 110 so it makes a huge difference to me. I get about 30 less miles on a full tank of gas. when Im going 30 the speedo will say about 35. when im going 55 speedo will show 65. it only brings down your top speed by a few miles, but you get there faster! the revs are a little higher on the frwy but if you dont go 150 for an hour, its fine, it sounds even better in town. not a big deal.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a 520 conversion kit on mine. It wheelies better and i like it. I track my bike as well and i dont really know anyone who hasnt been happy with the 520, lighter chain so corners are better, im only 110 so it makes a huge difference to me. I get about 30 less miles on a full tank of gas. when Im going 30 the speedo will say about 35. when im going 55 speedo will show 65. it only brings down your top speed by a few miles, but you get there faster! the revs are a little higher on the frwy but if you dont go 150 for an hour, its fine, it sounds even better in town. not a big deal.
ah...a 520 conversion ifself doesnt change the gearing at all, what sprockets did you get when you did the conversion?

520 is the chain "weight" for want of a better word

1 - 4 of 4 Posts