Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all of the talk of the new Ducati 848, I thought you guys might be interested in the November '07 issue of Sport Rider magazine where they tested the previous winners of the magazine's Liter Bike, Middleweight and Exotic classes head to head.

They tested the Suzuki GSX-R1000, the CBR600RR and the Ducati 1098S on the street, the strip, track, dyno, etc.

The Suzuki won overall, basically because of its huge power output, but the 600RR finished second just one point behind, and the Ducati finished in third.

Its an interesting article and Sport Rider just posted it up on their web site.

http://www.sportrider.com/features/146_0711_bike_of_the_year/index.html

Dave

·
Registered
744 Posts
According to TWO WHEELS the Gixxer 1k won this year as well for bike of the year. Last year was the 675 from memory and the Gixxer 750 won something as well, although I can't really remember.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I have no respect for SportRider. When has a Suzuki NOT won. I don't think I've ever seen Kent pick anything but a Suzuki. He has so much Suzuki seat time, it's no wonder it feels "natural" or comfortable for him. RRW is a much better magazine and actually has riders/writers that race!

·
Registered
937 Posts
^ +1, Sport Rider is kind of poser-esque. Check out RRW (Chris Ulrich & Jamie Hacking are on the staff) and Bike, or any of the other sweet British bike mags (@ Barnes & Noble, etc.).

This news is not new, either. This story came out almost 2 months ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts