Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my step dad for my b-day got me a sportech shadow series screen for my black 06' 600....to me it just looks grey, at some angles it does look black but mostly grey to me...was wondering if others had used or is currently using this series of screen, and if it is truely black or is grey. THX IN ADVAN

Screen that was ordered - http://www.sportechinc.com/store/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemRef=1057&CategoryRef=578

One i was thinking of getting if i dont like 1st - http://www.sportechinc.com/store/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemRef=426&CategoryRef=578

Anyone have other good shields that look good? Puig? no DB's, like the single bubble shields...going for the black'd out look. TXH AGAIN

·
Registered
945 Posts
my step dad for my b-day got me a sportech shadow series screen for my black 06' 600....to me it just looks grey, at some angles it does look black but mostly grey to me...was wondering if others had used or is currently using this series of screen, and if it is truely black or is grey. THX IN ADVAN

Screen that was ordered - http://www.sportechinc.com/store/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemRef=1057&CategoryRef=578

One i was thinking of getting if i dont like 1st - http://www.sportechinc.com/store/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemRef=426&CategoryRef=578

Anyone have other good shields that look good? Puig? no DB's, like the single bubble shields...going for the black'd out look. TXH AGAIN

I am also looking for a new windscreen. As said before I laid it down and need a new one. I like the carbon fiber one alot, but I just want all black non see through I think. I can't ever find one. I can't go ebay cause I want name brand, not a knock off. The ones who claim to be true name brand are all model pics.

let me know too if you guys have suggestions. thanks

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have the carbon fiber sportech on mine and love it!
It fits as good as the stock one and offers better wind protection
after seeing it on an actual bike I am sold. I like this alot. I will be purchasing this.

·
Registered
945 Posts
not everyone is all about going fast... furthermore w/ the windscreen spikes... prob not a track bike... some ppl are more serious about show not go

true dat. I will just use the stock windscreen screws, or whatever.

·
Registered
434 Posts
yeah man.....i would have a tough time spending what....like $100+ after tax and shipping on a windscreen??

and if it is just for looks then why the name brand?
is this the "rap game" now, we gonna start leaving the stickers on our helmets so everyone knows that it is new? not for me i guess.

·
Registered
97 Posts
not everyone is all about going fast... furthermore w/ the windscreen spikes... prob not a track bike... some ppl are more serious about show not go
It'd not all about show, My ride has a slip on,pc3 with custom map,bmc filter,520 conversion-1+2.but I also have some carbon fiber goodies on her as well,the windscreen,rear hugger,the slip on & heel guards.why can't a bike have both looks and performance??

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Am I the only person that will actually tuck behind the windscreen when really hauling ass or when its freezing and look THROUGH the windscreen. I dunno, thats one thing I will probably leave stock for actual function

·
Registered
945 Posts
Am I the only person that will actually tuck behind the windscreen when really hauling ass or when its freezing and look THROUGH the windscreen. I dunno, thats one thing I will probably leave stock for actual function
I used to tuck when I would go over the bay at like 160 but thats it. I don't do that anymore. I want to live a little longer, I try to be safe since my last wreck. It's not cold enough her in tampa for the cold tuck. So I am ok with changing it to black or carbon fiber.

·
Registered
945 Posts
yeah man.....i would have a tough time spending what....like $100+ after tax and shipping on a windscreen??

and if it is just for looks then why the name brand?
is this the "rap game" now, we gonna start leaving the stickers on our helmets so everyone knows that it is new? not for me i guess.

Well why not? Im not gonna buy cheap stuff for my bike. In life you get what you pay for. I learned that the hard way when I drove my celica, and hooked it up. I like having name brand things. As for the helmet comment, thats just silly:bootyshak

1 - 12 of 12 Posts