Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sportrider has a 600 shootout. last year, they gave the rr the prize. this year, it came in last. but it was close. first place -r6 got a score of 89.5 and last place rr got 87. the point of my post is that all these 600 are great bikes. the worst and the best are only a couple of points a part.. is the rr a bad bike since it got last place this year? no way, it got first place last year and there is no difference between a 05 and 06. enjoy what you have

C

·
0 Posts
I still look at lap times and guess what, The 600RR had the fastest lap time... So, it won in my book.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cvlighthouse said:
I still look at lap times and guess what, The 600RR had the fastest lap time... So, it won in my book.
actually out of the 6 bikes tested, the r6 got the quickest lap time this go around.. the rr got 5th place in lap time.. 1:22.266 vs 1:23.231.. i don't really care too much since i couldn't place those times anyways..

C

·
0 Posts
Darn. I was only looking at the tenths and hundreths of seconds and not the actual seconds. Oh well, next years RR will blow the doors off of the R6.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cvlighthouse said:
Darn. I was only looking at the tenths and hundreths of seconds and not the actual seconds. Oh well, next years RR will blow the doors off of the R6.
lol.. no problem.. it's funny.. all these motorcycle magazines rank them differently and it's all the same bikes.. a lot of this is so subjective. if the rr won, we would all say it's the best bike.. if it got last we would say it's subjective.. fact is that all these bikes are great and the margin in the real world is in the rider.. i love the rr if it won or if it gets last place

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
+1; and it still looks better doing what it does!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
the RRs (600 and 1000) simply make motorcycling look good.

the 600RR is the most aesthetically pleasing bike on the market (in it's respective class), and SUCH a ridiculously close replica of the GP bike.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Yeah if one bike were truly the "BEST" it would win in every magazine. The 600RR finsihed 2nd behind the Triumph 675 in Motor Cyclist. So like you said all are great. I wouldn't trade my RR for any other 600. I would consider buying a 675 though.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
eh, i just dont trust magazines. they are too subjective. look at motor cyclist, picked the daytona overall even though only two writers picked it as the best. the zx-6r got one, the gixxer 600 got one, the gixxer 750 got two, the r6 got one, and the 600rr got two.

while all the writers who picked other bikes may have picked the triumph second, the point is that if the writer that like the r6 would have written the comparo, then the r6 would be number one.

·
Registered
610 Posts
you can't buy a bad bike, esp if you're talking new. they're all awesome. i think the 600s are even closer than the literbikes. at least the literbikes have some sort of discernable personality. 600 class is blurred, IMHO.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I was in my library (bathroom) the other day reading an older Roadracing World that was in there. I think it was the 2005 600 sportbike comparison. Anyway, they had a very complex score/grading system using 5 or 6 different riders (all racers). The Honda finished last overall, but 2 of the riders turned their fastest lap on it and picked it as their favorite (Jeremy Toye was one of them).

When the GSXR's first came out (1986) they did a comparison test of the GSXR750, FZ750, and VFR750. The fastest lap of the test was on the VFR, but the rider said it was very sketchy and uncomfortable at that speed. The GSXR was slightly slower, but felt better and was easier to ride at that pace. Given those choices, which would you pick? The article picked the GSXR (for track use).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts