Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Santa costume to use for Halloween (long story...) but the idea was nixxed by my wife so I just held onto it. Decided to go out and spread some holiday cheer and rode around for a bit and my wife snagged a pic as I was rolling down the driveway.

I really tend to despise attention-whoring but totally admit I'm guilty of it this time... it was genuinely fun watching kids smile and wave (and the occasional adult wave, too :grin2:) I liked when I'd see the parents or adults smiling too. Even got a few honks here and there. At least those adults "get it" and are in the holiday spirit. As I rode around, I was making bets with myself which other motorists were saying "Santa wouldn't ride a crotch rocket..." or something along those lines. My favorite encounter was seeing these 2 little boys, looked around 5 and 8 years old. They were talking to their parents when they glanced over and saw me and their eyes just shot wide open and they started smiling and pointing. I was stopped at a light so I just waved at them the whole time and they got the biggest kick out of it.

Temps were in the mid-30's so I wasn't out long; lined winter gear only does so well and the fleece Santa suit didn't really stop much wind. Still worth it though. Hoping to get out again one more time before Christmas.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll take it, just need to hold back on the cookies. Dangerously close to not fitting in my 2-piece suit.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found out one my FB friends' daughters recorded video of me rolling down the highway yesterday. Hoping he can send it to me.. curious how stupid I looked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts