Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend and I were having a discussion on bikes tonight.
And he said something about it would look cool to have a
rotor and sprocket on the same side... but wouldn't that get
in the way of your chain? And would that be possible??:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
the only way to do it is if the rotor and sprocket are one like the choppers do, the sprocket teeth are machined into the edge of a rotor, looks pretty trick.. but a well oiled chain will sometimes mean a well oiled brake! haha, those silly choppers

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Most Ducati's and Buell's and built that way - it's how they do the single sided swing-arm. I've seen mods done to the Japanese bikes to give them single sided swing arms but I don't think there's really a benefit to it. It's just about style and being different.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Only benefit is the visibility of the wheel, it seems like. More weight biased to the left side of the wheel i suppose.... :shrugs:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Most Ducati's and Buell's and built that way - it's how they do the single sided swing-arm. I've seen mods done to the Japanese bikes to give them single sided swing arms but I don't think there's really a benefit to it. It's just about style and being different.
i dont know about buells but dukes are not like that at all, they have offset rim spokes so the rotor is more in the middle but their still a seperate srocket and rotor.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
You could always stay HONDA and buy a VFR. They've been making them that way for years. Bonus..... way easier to remove your rear tire!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
lol, vfr's were one of the most inovative bikes of all time, v4 torque monster,undertail, single sided swingarm, gear driven cams ect...

·
Registered
733 Posts
VFR's r gay.... lol

But thanks for all the imput.

Wow,that was blatant ignorance. Input actually has an N in it, not an M. I'm pretty sure you just made up the word "imput" But I digress, you should do some research before saying something as uneducated as "VFR's r gay." If you would do some research on the subject you would learn that the VFR has more racing history than any of the RR's you know of. Do some research, who knows you might even learn something.
-Chris.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
the only way to do it is if the rotor and sprocket are one like the choppers do, the sprocket teeth are machined into the edge of a rotor, looks pretty trick.. but a well oiled chain will sometimes mean a well oiled brake! haha, those silly choppers
Yup, I've seen a countless number of choppers with that setup.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
VFR's r gay.... lol

But thanks for all the imput.
as gay as your hair? .....:icon_lol: (jokes dude) I was just suggesting that that setup has already been done. VFR is actually a nice sport/touring bike if thats your game.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
My friend bought 09 1098 last week, its like that. And any one that dont know that a V4 is a sweet thing. I pity you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah... i tend to make my own words up from time to time..

But in all actuality, I didn't mean to upset anyone if I did.
And I was kinda drunk when I was reading and responding..
BUT ANYWAY, yeah I do know a smidgen about vfr's and
v4's but, what I MEANT to say was, (as tasteful as possible)
I like the VFR's but they're just not my thing :) <--Little better, huh?
I've seen a couple here and there done up nice but still just don't like
the styling of the bike and the rider position. But I DO like how they sound.
Sound nice. And the single sided swingarm? I don't really like those either.
Just looks really plain on one side.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts