Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but came up with ALOT of threads, and wasnt sure what I am looking for.

I have heard of people doing a 520 chain conversion and sprocketing there bikes....but what does this mean? Why does a 1000rr have a 530 conversion? What amount of teeth does my 600rr have factory and how does changing the sprockets affect the bike? Please explain :) Thanks! -jake

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
your bike came with 525 chain and sprockets, 16/43 geared.

the 520 is simply a lighter chain and sprocket combo. most people will also regear their bike bike when doin the conversion. the popular gearing is 15/45. if you want to maintain the 525 chain, stock F4i sprockets are 525 and come from the factory 15/45. they will fit your bike. check Ebay.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks!

What do the different sprickets represent (16/43).... How does changing each one a ffect the bike?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay..... Thanks! :)

What does goign up teeth and down teeth do to the bike? Torque?

<----- Clueless about this sort of mod. Trying to learn it all. :)

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
more low end power, less top end, going up teeth. no need to go down teeth. the bike will top at around 168 factory geared, and won't hit the limiter in 6th on flat ground because it's geared so high.

but you can go too far. i'm +12 with a 15/52. but mines a stunt bike, tops out at just over 100.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see, thanks. Did you upgrade in stages or all at once? Geared how yours is.... how torquey is it actually? Wheelie real easy or what? I'd like a decent change but nothign crazy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts