Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I am replacing my stock chain and sprockets with AFAM 520 chain and sprockets. -1 on the front +1 on the back.

Just wondering if anyone else has a similiar gearing conversion.
How much of a difference does it make (-1, +1)
Some say that -1 in front is like +3 in the back, so this may be like going +4 in the back.

Any comments on the subject are welcome!

Cheers

H

·
0 Posts
Some say that -1 in front is like +3 in the back
I have heard the same thing....but i am not positive about that...i am going for the -1 in the front....but it is on back order :( ....i hope it will be in soon

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was sitting on the renthal backorder for a month also, but then decided to go for the whole 520 conversion instead (those golden chains look nice).
Thankfully Nick had some in stock. :smile:

·
Registered
233 Posts
We got some AFAM sprockets in. If anyone that is on the Renthal backorder wants to trade out what they ordered for the AFAM's give the shop a call and we'll set it up. The AFAMs are a little more expensive, but we have them in stock and ready to go. Thanks a lot for all of your patience on this Renthal backorder ordeal. Talk to you soon.
Cheers,
Chris MRI

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
incognito03rr said:
I think it is for every 1 down in the front it is 2 up in the back, so -1 +1 is like 3 up in the rear.
:Nerd:
Not to be too nerdy, but i think 43/16 stock sprockets have a ratio of 2.6875. So going down 1 tooth in front should equal to adding 2.7 teeth on the back.

So down 1 up 1 changes the ratio to 2.9333 which is about 10% higher than stock.

Cheers

H

·
0 Posts
CBRBob,

So you think that going down 1 in the front is fine....this is what i am looking to do...i want some more torque..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used to have 954 and i really miss the low end torque.

I also hate to have to downshift in first at the track in order not to be left behind on the straight.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts